Chapter 20: Stay with me.

"You're the pretty villainess... that I like..."

These words rang around the villainess' head. Was she playing with her emotions? Toying them? Or is she just hallucinating at the effects of the fever?

The villainess was thinking of why she was even caring for Analissa Blanchet at this much effort.

All she needed to do was come close at a decent distance where she can just check up after her if she's getting close to the crown prince.

"What's wrong with me..." (Lady Evelyn) muttered feeling that her sense of duty is being dwindled by this girl.

Was it because that blonde hair figure gave her reassurance that she won't tell anyone her embarrassing hobby? And the fact that she was even willing to talk about it... it has been a while.

Her mind wandered off to the time where she cried and Analissa Blanchet held her close... she remembers her faint smell of flowers and soft skin pressing against hers. That was a day ago but still... It feels so surreal.

"..."

The villainess' face felt hot and she decided that it must be the room. Perhaps it was time to go check on the blonde girl and her maid assigned to take care of her.

After getting some fresh air from her study feeling the night has moved so slow she decided to go back and check upon the girl who she presumed to be done with eating.

She also noticed that their little egg is cozying up warmly near the chimney fire. She decided to leave it there thinking the warm temperature would be better for the little egg.

"Hmm..."

When Lady Evelyn came to see the scene, three of her maids stood beside the table trying their best to feed Analissa's face twists and turns looking at the spoon filled with bitter medicine.

Liara Fischer, the eldest maid of the three, was holding the spoon trying to coax the heroine to drink the medicine. "Miss Blanchet, medicine is good for you. Please do drink it-"

Analissa takes the cotton blanket and covers her whole body with it, hiding from the scary lady with the scary spoon. "Your medicine sucks! Too bitter! I don't want it! I want the orange flavored one!"

The other two maids snickered behind her back. This commoner girl was truly a ruckus but she was really hilarious to say the least.

The second maid, Melody, who was done snickering, sighs, stepping up and trying to pull the blanket away from the girl feeling her patience running out. "Come on! Miss Blanchet, drink your medicine! It's good for you!"

"No!" The sick girl was putting up a fight not letting go of the blanket and she intends to hide forever just to get away from the scary spoon.

"Pfft!" Nayeli the third maid snickered some more and suggested to her eldest sister- "If you shove it up to her mouth maybe that will work?" she tells Liara who furrows her eyebrow and angrily glares at her youngest sister at the horrible suggestion.