Chapter 3 -- The Wild Card

*End of flashback*

Lola's P.O.V.

It's been 9 months since I won and my life has been nothing but amazing.

“Lo. Lola!” a familiar voice screamed.

I broke out of my deep thought and looked up at my best friend Emma. She was shaking me and I just chuckled.

“Sorry I was just thinking about how I even ended up here.” I said. I was sitting in a makeup chair holding my album “Roses Are Red” and couldn’t believe it.

“Well you must have been deep in thought because you have 6 missed calls and 8 text messages.” she said while handing me my iphone.

They were all from my mom and sisters. I had one unknown caller and I just ignored it.

“Emma. Can you believe we are backstage getting ready for the Kid’s Choice Awards?” I laughed. Emma and I always dreamed of being here and one or both of us going on stage to receive awards.

“Can you believe that you are nominated for 3 different awards?” she laughed.

That I couldn’t believe. I’m nominated for New Female Artist, Best Music Video, and Best Album.

“It’s crazy Emma.” I sighed.

“I know. So the awards start in 2 hours and you’re not even closed to finishing your makeup. Where is Safia?” she asked. Safia was my makeup artist. She just finished my hair, but I need my makeup now.

“Um. I’ll go find her.” I said and got out of my chair.

“I’m just gonna sit here and relax.” Emma said while grabbing some chocolate.

I chuckled and started walking down the hall. I totally forgot I was only in a dress button up shirt and a pair of shorts. Oh well. I continued walking down the hall and as I turned the corner, my chest came in contact with a cup of coffee. I let out a light scream and backed away. I instantly looked down at my shirt and there was a huge brown stain on the front. 

“I’m so sorry love.” someone with a cute British accent said.

I looked up and realized who had just spilled coffee on me.

“No it's alright. Accidents happen.” I said and continued to walk down the hall.

“Wait!” the British boy called.

I turned around and saw that he was following me.

“I really am sorry. At least let me grab you a cloth or something.” he said.

“No it's really alright.” I laughed.

“Well let me at least give you my number.” he smirked.

“Excuse me?” I asked.

“I’m just kidding babe. What was your name? I don’t think I caught it.” he said.

“That’s because I didn’t give it to you.” I laughed.

He looked a little embarrassed and I laughed.

“I’m Lola, but my friends call me Lo.” I said and put my hand out.

“I’m Zayn.” he said while entwining his hand in my.

I stared into his chocolate brown eyes for a good 10 seconds and then looked away when I realized I had been staring for too long. We were still holding hands and I nervously ripped mine away.

He chuckled at me and I could feel my cheeks turning bright red.

“You’re the one who won the X-factor right?” he asked. Wow couldn’t believe he knew who I was.

“Yup that’s me. And you’re the one from that boy band. Oh what's it called? One way?” I joked.

“Ha very funny.” he laughed.

“I’m kidding. I know you’re from One Direction Mr. Malik.” I laughed.

He laughed at me and just stared into my eyes.

“Well I need to get back to my room. See you later.” I smiled and walked back to my dressing room.

Zayn’s P.O.V

I need to hurry and get this coffee back to Liam. He’ll freak if I bring back cold coffee. I quickly turned the corner and suddnely the coffee went flying right on to some girls shirt. My eyes widened as I saw the huge stain it left on her shirt. When she looked up I couldn’t believe it was her. I just spilled coffee all over Lola Evans. One of the prettiest and most talented girls in America.

“I’m so sorry love.” I quickly said. By the look on her face, I could tell she wasn't very happy.

“It’s okay. Accidents happen.” she said and quickly turned around and continued walking.

I needed to talk this girl. Well first of all I needed to apologize but I had to get to know her. She was beautiful, so I found myself running after her.

“Wait!” I screamed.

She turned around and I just stared into her popping blue eyes. I stood in front of her basically towering over her and sighed.

“I really am sorry. At least let me grab you a cloth or something.” I said.

“No it's really alright.” she said with her soft sweet voice. I was standing so close to her I could smell her perfume. Damn she smelled good.

“Well let me at least give you my number.” I smirked, hoping to get her with my charm.

“Excuse me?” she asked.

Well she obviously is going to be hard to get. I like it.

“I’m just kidding babe. What was your name? I don’t think I caught it.” I said.

“That’s because I didn’t give it to you.” she laughed and raised her eyebrows.

I was a little embarrassed, so I looked to the ground.

“I’m Lola, and my friends call me Lo.” she said and put her hand out.

“I’m Zayn.” I said while taking her little hand into my big hand.

She was staring at me for a while which just created butterflies in my stomach. When she realized we were still holding hands, she instantly pulled her hand away and blushed. I chuckled at how cute she was. 

“You’re the one who won the X-factor right?” I asked. I already knew she was but I wanted to keep talking to her.

“Yup that’s me. And you’re the one from that boy band. Oh what's it called? One way?” she asked.

“Ha very funny.” I laughed.

“I’m kidding. I know you’re from One Direction Mr. Malik.”she laughed and bit her lip.

She was so cute when she bit her lip and the way she said “Mr. Malik.”

“Well I need to get back to my room. See you later.” she smiled and turned back to her room.

“Bye!” I said back.