Chapter 21 -- Taking A Step Back

Lola’s P.O.V.

Vera and I came home after getting her new phone and I knew she was really happy. Once we got inside she ran upstairs to her room and called Mads. I knew her and him could never have broken up. He’s the best guy for her. As Vera was upstairs, I decided to just chill in the living room, and as I walked in I saw Emma and Justin.

“Emma!” I screamed as I ran towards her.

“Lola!” she screamed. She jumped off the couch and we collided into each other. I instantly started crying and she stroked my hair.

“What happened? What are you doing home?” she asked.

“Zayn and I broke up.” I cried.

“What?! Why?!” she screamed.

“I walked in on him kissing Addison.” I sobbed.

“Wait, how could he be kissing Addison when she was at Aunt Katie’s house?” she asked.

“She never was. Vera was the one at Aunt Katie’s. Addison drugged her and switched places with her and I had no idea.” I said.

“Oh Lo, I’m so sorry.” she said and stroked my cheek. Justin then walked over to me and gave me a big hug.

He grabbed my face and stared into my eyes “I can fly to NYC right now and kick his ass for if you want.” he said.

I chuckled “As much as I want you to, but no. If anyone is going to kick his ass it's going to be my dad.” I said.

“What do you mean?” Emma asked.

“My dad is flying to NYC right now to get Addison and I’m pretty sure he is going to rip into Zayn.” I explained.

“Oh gosh. You do not want to fight with your dad.” Emma laughed.

“Ya he’s scary when he gets really mad. He doesn’t like people hurting his family and especially his children.” I said.

“Let’s hope he doesn’t do anything that he’ll regret.” Emma said and put her hand on my shoulder.

I then sat down on the couch and bit my nails.

Zayn’s P.O.V.

I woke up and checked my phone. 10:30 p.m. Ugh how long have I been sleeping? I ripped the covers off of me and slipped on a pair of sweat pants and walked to the living room.

“Zayn! You’re awake.” Niall shouted.

“Hey lads.” I said and walked over to them. They were all sitting in the living room watching a movie. Addison was sitting in the corner. As I looked at her, she gave me a toothy smile and I flipped her off.

“Has Lola called any of you?” I asked as I rubbed my eyes.

“Ya I talked to her about an hour ago.” Louis said.

“Did she make it home okay?” I asked, worrying filling my mind.

“Ya she’s fine. Poor Vera was trapped at her aunts house because her aunt refused to believe that she was really who she said she was.” Niall said.

“You hear that Addison? They all know what you did.” I hollered.

She chuckled and just stared at me. Suddenly there was a loud pounding on the door.

“Who could that be?” I asked.

“I don’t know but they sound mad.” Liam said.

I opened the door and saw a large figure standing in the door way.

“Oh, Mr. Evans, what are you doing here?” I asked.

“I’m here to get my daughter and to talk to all of you lads. Especially you Zayn.” he said.

I gulped and led him into the room.

“Hello lads.” he said.

“Hey Mr. Evans.” they all smiled.

We all watched as his eyes found Addison sitting in the corner.

“Addison.” he said.

She looked up at him and glared.

“Addison, my friend is waiting right outside the door for you. Don’t even think about running away because he will catch you and hold you down. Now go out there.” he commanded.

We watched as Addison stomped out of the room with her luggage trailing behind her.

“Now lads, I want to thank you for watching over my troubled daughter.” he said.

Liam got up and walked towards him “It was no trouble sir.”

“I’m sorry for everything she did. She was probably horrible to you all the entire time she was here.” he added.

“Ya she basically was.” we all said in unison.

“Now lads if you don’t mind, I would like to talk to Zayn alone.” he said.

Louis looked at Harry and he nodded. Louis then cleared his throat and spoke up “Of course sir. We were just gonna go grab a pizza.”

Louis walked to the door with Niall, Harry, and Liam following close behind.

“Please sit down sir.” I said and sat down.

“Thanks.” he smiled.

“So how is Lola?” I asked.

“Zayn just let me ask the questions for now. I’m just trying to get to the bottom of this.” he said.

“Alright.” I sighed.

“What happened? Why did you kiss my other daughter?” he asked.

“Well first of all I didn’t kiss her. She kissed me. Addison has always had a thing for me. She said before Lola became famous that I was her favorite and she loved One Direction. Then when Lola and I started dating she got really mad at Lola and said she was gonna regret dating me and that I rightfully belong to her. Anyways, everyone went swimming this morning and I stayed up here because I can’t swim and I wanted to skype with my family. The next thing I knew Addison was up here and she pushed me against the wall and kissed me. I would never hurt or cheat on Lola. I love her more than anything. I would do anything for her and it hurts me to see her hurting. She’s my whole world and I just want to hold her and tell her how sorry I am. No ones ever made me feel like she does. I just love her so much.” I said as tears were rolling down my cheeks.

Mr. Evans moved closer to me and put his hand on my shoulder.

“I can tell that you are telling the truth. From what I’ve heard about you and how much you love my daughter, I can’t see you doing something like this. I do believe that Addison would kiss you to break you and Lola up though. I’m so sorry she did this to you and Lola. I think if you just leave her alone for a while and give her sometime she will come around and she will forgive you. She loves you just as much as you love her.” he smiled.

I looked up at Mr. Evans and smiled.

“Now I must be going. I’ll try to convince Lola to talk to you.”

“Thank you.” I said.

He got up from his seat and shook my hand.

“I’ll be seeing you.” he said.

“Bye sir.” I said and watched as he walked out the door and left. I then sat down and put my head in my lap. I just miss Lola and wish she was here.