Chapter 20 -- Finding Her

Lola's P.O.V.

"Vera!" we both screamed while opening the door.

My aunt walked from the kitchen and we saw Vera on the couch.

"Mom?! Lola! Oh my gosh!" she screamed and ran towards us.

"Vera!" we screamed. We ran towards her and we hugged her tightly.

"I'm so sorry sweetheart." my mom said and hugged her tight.

"Vera, what happened. How did Addison switch with you?" I asked.

"She put some sleeping pill into my orange juice and all I remember is passing out. Lo, what did she do in NYC?" Vera asked.

"Let's just say that Zayn and I are over." I sighed.

I watched as Vera covered her mouth and hugged me tight. "I'm so sorry." I looked into her' eyes and she looked devastated. "I'm so sorry she did this to you Lo."

"No Vera. I'm sorry she did this to you." I said and hugged her.

I looked over at my mom and she was talking to someone on the phone.

"Why didn't you call mom and tell her you were here and Addison was in NYC with me?" I asked.

"Well Aunt Katie thought I was faking and wouldn't believe me so she wouldn't let me talk to mom." she explained.

"I'm so sorry Vera." I said while pulling her into another hug.

My mom suddenly walked back over to us and sighed.

"You're father just got off the phone with Harry. Harry said that they are going to keep Addison with them and make sure she doesn't go anywhere right now. Your dad is on the next flight to NYC to get her." my mom explained. "Oh Vera. I'm so sorry she did this to you."

"It's okay. I just wanna go home." she said.

"Okay. You two get in the car. I just need to talk to your aunt for a few mins." she said kissing and kissed our cheeks.

I wrapped my arms around Vera's shoulders and we made our way out to the car. I opened the door for her and watched as she hopped into the passenger's seat.

We waited for about 15 minutes and finally my mom was done and she was carrying all of Vera's stuff. She then hopped in the backseat and I drove home. As soon as we got home, Vera ran out of the car and inside the house and she threw herself on the couch and yawned.

"Dad?" I hollered. I walked to the kitchen and saw a note on the island saying he left for NYC.

"Lola, you know your dad left for NYC." my mom said as she walked passed me. I watchedd as she headed up the stairs and made her way to Vera's room. I then looked over at Vera and ran towards her and threw myself on top of her.

"Vera, in a few weeks I'm taking you anywhere you want to go. If you want to go out of the country we can. It's my treat." I smiled. 

"Here's a suggestion, how about you get off of me before you suffocate me." she laughed.

"Sorry girl." I chuckled.

"Anyways, how about Hawaii, or Italy, or France? Maybe Prague?" she suggested.

"That sounds great. Just the two of us. I'll send mom and dad on some romantic get away and then I'll send Finn and Penny (Finn's girlfriend) somewhere too." I smiled.

"Sounds great." she said and hugged me. "By the way, I need a new phone. Addison took mine."

"Well let's go over to Verizon and get you the new iphone 5." I said.

"No way." she said.

"Ya come on let's go." I said. "Mom I'm taking Vera over to Verizon so she can get a new phone!"

"Alright sounds good. Wait, what do you girls want for dinner?" she asked as she leaned over the railing upstairs.

"Chinese take out!" we said in sync. We laughed and then hugged each other.

"Alright. Sounds good. I'll order it. See you two in a little bit." she hollered.