001: Like A Mad Dog.

Sunwoo flinched once he hit his head over the wall behind him

Sunwoo flinched once he hit his head over the wall behind him. He glanced at his coworker and best friend Jacob, who laughed at the boy gently rubbing the back of his head.

"You look really tired."

"Those shifts recently are too much."

"Come on guys, break is over!" Ordered the manager.

The two sighed and Jacob patted Sunwoo's thigh before going back to waitressing. The dark haired boy who was left behind rubbed his tired eyes and eventually got up too, going back to help one of the cooks as their assistant.

Sunwoo's been given night shifts for a week which wasn't ideal since he also had classes during the days. The boy's been as tired as ever but desperately needed the money so he did what he had to do no matter how hard it was.

Sunwoo looked at the clock too many times to count, wanting for his shift to be over as soon as possible so he could go home and hop into bed.
He sighed out of relief when Jacob came to the kitchen to say that the last customer had left and they were able to call it a day.

Knowing that the only thing he had left to do was to take the trash out, he grabbed the bag out of the bin almost excitedly and walked to the back door. He frowned at the unpleasant smell coming from the huge trash bin and hundreds of bags while covering his mouth with his arm.

"What the hell?!" He grunted when someone bumped into him, making him fall forward and almost into the trash bin.

"The dog!" A girl yelled as she ran inside the building without asking permission.

"What?"

"The dog!" She pointed.

Sunwoo's eyes wandered to what she tried to make him see. His confused expression turned into shock as he watched an angry dog run in his direction. "Oh shit!"

The girl grabbed him by the sleeve and pulled him inside. This gesture made him snap back into reality as he quickly grabbed the door knob just in time to slam it shut, right in the dog's face. The animal banged into it, making a huge noise. Normally, Sunwoo would feel bad — but that dog wasn't a friendly creature. It barked and growled as Sunwoo held onto the knob and quickly locked it, just in case.

The stranger girl breathed heavily as she leaned against her knees.

"Are you ok?" Sunwoo turned to her.

She straightened up and smiled softly, still catching a breath. "I guess, thanks."

"But next time watch where you're going."

The sudden cold attitude caught the girl off guard. "Um, ok?" She gave him an attitude as well. "I was running from a mad dog if you haven't noticed."

"Yeah, I did, actually. It almost bit my ass off too."