028: The Party.

Sunwoo didn't have anyone to walk back home with since Jacob didn't have the same shift as he did that time, though he was kind of glad

Sunwoo didn't have anyone to walk back home with since Jacob didn't have the same shift as he did that time, though he was kind of glad. He put in his airpods and blasted Keshi music as loud as he could. He glanced at his phone and saw few massages - wishing him a happy birthday, and was surprised none of his closest friends wished him anything yet, but then again - he wasn't that crazy about it anyways.

He grabbed his keys and unlocked the door. It was already night time so it was pitch black inside his apartment. Having his airpods still in his ears, playing music, he jumped when he turned on the light and saw few people standing with huge smiles on their faces.

Suzy covered her mouth when she saw Sunwoo grabbing his chest and breathing heavily, just staring at them. She rushed over to him and rubbed his arms. "Are you ok?" Sunwoo read from her lips as music still played in his ears.

He took the airpods out and breathed heavily. "What the hell, you all scared the shit out of me." He chuckled.

"I'm so sorry, we just wanted to surprise you." Suzy chuckled.

"What is all this?" He scanned his apartment that was filled with balloons and different decorations, the table was almost invisible underneath the bowls of different snacks and the counter in his kitchen had only bottles of soju and beer on top of it.

"Happy birthday, baby." Suzy gave him a quick kiss on the cheek, making a wide smile appear on his face.

"Happy birthday, bro." Eric came to hug him and so did Jacob right after. There were few more people from Sunwoo's major who all sent him wishes as well.

When everyone was done and just started chitchatting with him, he turned around. He looked at Suzy with his gummy smile and she couldn't handle how cute and happy he seemed.

He suddenly walked away from the group of friends which confused them, but they brushed it off as soon as they noticed him walking over to the girl who threw the party.

Suzy stared at him as he came closer and spread his arms wide to embrace her, stuffing her face into his chest. She giggled as he squeezed her tighter. "Thanks for this." He said softly.

"Do you like it?"

He cupped her cheeks and smiled while looking into her eyes. Nodding. he kissed her gently, but it seemed rather passionate and different than all their other kisses.

A sudden knock on the door caught everyone's attention. Sunwoo furrowed his brows and looked around to check who was already in his house. Suzy bit the inside of her cheek, realizing that Heemin and Younghoon must've taken up on her offer.

She reached over to the door and opened it wide. Sunwoo peeked his head and immediately sighed, tilting his head back.

"M-music! Turn on the music, someone!" Jacob stuttered as he smiled rather fakely. A random person grabbed the remote and pressed play, making music come out of Sunwoo's subwoofer meanwhile Eric and Jacob walked over to the door.

"What are you doing here?" Sunwoo stared at Younghoon blankly.

"I invited them." Suzy blurted out and the birthday boy looked at her confused. "I think it's about time that we all get rid of our grudges."

"Suzy, it's my birthday-"

"Exactly." She cut him off. "What's better than starting another age without any enemies?"

Sunwoo shrugged. "I don't know, getting wasted?"

The girl rolled her eyes.

"I told you this wasn't a good idea." Younghoon said to Heemin and turned around, ready to leave but Suzy grabbed his arm which made him immediately turn back around. He glanced down at her hand stopping him and back up into her eyes. He knew her well enough to be able to read her emotions and noticed pleading in her shiny eyes.

"You too, just stop this already." She turned to Sunwoo and gave him an understandable look.

Both of the boys looked at each other, annoyed, but ready not to fight for once. "Fine." Sunwoo blurted out and invited the two inside his house.

"Thanks." Younghoon mumbled and walked in alongside Heemin who wished Sunwoo a happy birthday immediately.

Eric nudged the tall boy and pointed to Sunwoo with his eyes as if he was telling him to wish him happy birthday as well.

Younghoon sighed and turned around. "Happy birthday." He said through his teeth.

The birthday boy nodded and thanked him, but the two still acted as if just saying a word to each other was like an infection they wanted to avoid at all coasts.

The two moved to the group of guests to introduce themselves, leaving Suzy and Sunwoo by the door. She glanced at him and noticed how he was just staring at the others blankly so she grabbed his hand and intertwined their fingers. Sunwoo glanced down at their hands together and smiled, placing a kiss on the back of Suzy's afterwards.

"I really think it's about time we all act civil around each other, don't you think? We can't avoid each other forever, besides, I don't want to avoid the two of them. They're my friends." The girl looked at Sunwoo with sad yet hopeful eyes.

He nodded and sighed. "I think you're right." He placed a kiss on her cheek. "Oh? Why are you so hot? Do you have a fever?" He touched her forehead with his hand immediately, checking her temperature.

Suzy laughed and moved his hand away. "You're unbelievable, I'm just hot!"

"Yeah, you are." The boy suddenly flirted and leaned in for a kiss.

Suzy rolled her eyes and chuckled. "I mean that it's hot in here."

"And I mean the other thing." He teased even more, making Suzy eventually push him away and act unreachable to tease him back.

" He teased even more, making Suzy eventually push him away and act unreachable to tease him back

everything's on a right track 🤭