6. Bruises and Scars.

FRIDAY

September 6Th.

I'm sitting on the bleachers watching Mr. Blake coach football. He's once again working Alex harder then everyone else.

The past few days in Chemistry have been awful. Mr. Blake singles Alex and I out as much as he can. Especially when he knows that we don't know the answer to the question.

Alex has been good though, he hasn't hurt me at all. We've been laying around my house, being lazy mostly.

Tonight is Jasons party and Alex says we have to go because it's our last high school 'first party of the year.' So that means I get to prettily perch myself on Alexs lap half the night. I don't mind to much though. It is fun to watch Spencer get smashed.

He starts on a rant about all the girls in our grade and then Stephy will slowly lure him to go home while he cusses out drunk girls on the way by. It's truly amazing actually.

Alex waves to me and I grin waving back. Mr. Blakes jaw clenches and he calls Alex over.

Holdens pov

I work Alex to the bone. Mostly because I hate him but also because he is better than the others. I hate to admit it, but Alex does impress me on the football field.

I watch as he runs around his team mates making a easy touchdown; it's effortless for him. I look up at Scarlete and see her grin. I've never seen that genuine of a smile on her before, and at first I think it's for me. My stomach flips when she waves. I'm about to wave back when someone starts to tease Alex.

"Aw Alex, that's adorable. Waving to your girlfriend after you get a touchdown." Of course the wave wasn't for me, my jaw clenches. She hates me. "Alex!" I yell.

He turns his head still smiling, "Yeah?"

"Get over here!"

He jogs over grinning, "Yeah coach?"

"You need to get your head in the game," I say angrily.

The grin fades, "What do you mean? I just made that touch down in two seconds!"

That's true but I'm angry that Scarlete will never look at me the way she does this abusive show off. "I don't want you waving to your girlfriend during the game."

He glares at me, "after a touchdown isn't during the game."

I shake my head, "Football practice isn't time to impress girls Alex."

He steps closer, "I don't need to show off. Everyone knows I'm the best on the team."

My jaw clenches, "Run a lap around the Field."

His mouth falls open, "FOR WHAT!"

"For being to cocky."

Alex glares at me before taking off.

He's halfway around when Scarlete shows up at my side, "Why are you making him run?" She asks angrily.

I look down at her and I'm tempted to kiss her hard set mouth until it goes soft. A thought that I've had all week.

"He was to cocky," I say softly.

She ignores my soft tone sighing annoyed. She's about to say something when Spencer scoops her up bridal style. She squirms in his arms.

"Spencer what are you doing?" I ask.

He grins, "Playing some ball coach."

The guys all laugh as he runs away with her. I can't help but smile when I realize what he's doing.