17 Bruises and scars.

MONDAY

November the 15th.

I'm running through the school hallways. You could say that I just once again fucked up deeply. Fuck fuck fuck.

I run around the corner and put my back against the wall as I my lungs fight for air. I reach up and grab fistfuls of my hair as I stomp my feet.

I can't believe I just did that. I, Scarlete Jones just kissed Holden Blake.

It was an accident! Okay.. maybe it wasn't. But either way it will never happen again!

--One hour earlier--

"ooooh, I'm gonna dance a little sidestep, now you see me now you don't." I'm singing along to my Ipod when I walk into somebody making it fall to the ground.

"Oh no!" I say pulling the headphones from my ears.

A male leans down and grabs my ipod and stands back up grinning at the title, "This movie is a classic. But why would you have this song, out of all of them on your ipod?"

I take it away from him, "I like his voice, and the dance he does."

Mr. Blake laughs, "Only you."

I shrug, "What are you doing here so late?" I ask him.

It's two hours after the last bell rang.

"I should be asking you the same question."

I sigh, "I was working on a art project. I was excited to get the sketch done so the art teacher let me stay after with her."

Mr. Blake smiles, "I see."

I cross my arms, "So what are you doing here?"

He laughs, "Correcting papers. I would rather stay late, then bring them home."

I raise an eyebrow, "I see."

"Do you want to help me?"

"Not really." I say starting to walk around him.

He laughs, "Please."

I sigh, "Fine."

He grins and tugs on my arm leading me towards his classroom.

I'm not sure why I'm going with him. Or why I gave in so easily. But after our talk last week I'm not as afraid to be near him. I actually might like him a little. Only as a friend though. A very attractive friend.

His hand slides from my arm and links hands with me. I don't pull away.

When we get to his classroom I sit on top of a desk and he hands me some papers.

I look at the first paper and see that it's my class. I smile starting to correct.

After ten minutes I get to the last page and I realize it's mine. I correct it and see that I only got two wrong. I flip to the side that I wrote lyrics on and bring it to Mr. Blake's desk. I walk around the desk so that I'm standing next to him and then I sit on his desk.

He looks up, "You need help?"

I point to the lyrics pretending to be confused, "What's this?"

He smiles reading the lyrics I gave him, "Salt, Peppa, and Spinderella."

My mouth falls open, "Holden I think you're like a music god or something! What do you do? Sit around twenty-four seven listening to music or something?"

He shrugs, "No, me and you are just into the same kind of music I guess."

I shake my head, "I bet sometimes you look these songs up on youtube or something. You can't just know them all."