CHAPTER 45

XAVIER ROCKWELL

Staring idly at the ceiling, I can't even begin to grasp the whole situation that I was unprecedentedly thrown in right now. The four walls of this tiny little apartment seemed like they've been watching all of these tragic event pan out leaving me in absolute shambles. I'm not even surprised if the last people who lived here had the same shit.

Am I even allowed to live a happy life in this lifetime? It very clear as a crystal to me that I'm being shunned and treated like shit by the stars above. My dad just left us and now my mom just checked into rehab without even telling me like I'm nothing to her. I know it's a good thing for her and her health and I'm sure Principal Sanders had a very good influence about it but I'm her son and I deserve to know what's going on at least.

There are a lot of things that's running mad through my mind and I don't where to freaking start about it. In this unsolicited turn of events, I'm very much exhausted mentally and also emotionally and maybe in the next few days, I'd be physically weak too. Not only that my mom left me to fend for myself, I just learned that Zach's hanging out with Jordi as well. In that case, it's sort of a double murder. My world could've shattered at a better time but it just did explode all at once. That's another sharpened dagger to my already bleeding heart. I could've sworn to the stars above that if Zach wasn't the nicest brother I know, I would probably have kicked his ass in that moment.

I didn't even want to know who Jordi was hanging out with apart from me and it kind of makes me want to jump off of a bridge to know that it was a better person. I can't even begin to complain. Zach has been the best guy and everyone knows how fucking great he is. He's a good person, incredibly smart, handsome, talented and also rich. I don't even have half of those qualities to begin with.

When I got to school that Monday morning, the first thing I did was to barge into Principal Sanders' office like it's my business. I am mad and confused and somehow relieved. It's definitely not a good combination of feeling but I want some clarity right now.

"Rockwell!" She greeted me as if she was already expecting my arrival. "Thank you for coming young man. I was just going to summon you here."

"What's going on? What happened?" I asked and very much hungry for answers even though I already kind of have an idea.

"Well, you need to sit down." She began. "Before I tell you what happened, I just have to let you know that everything's going to be alright."

"Fuck that shit!" I cursed crisply deep inside. It's easy for her to say everything's going to be alright because she's not the one whose affected in this equation. I'm the one who's suffering from everything and she doesn't even know how fucking difficult it is to be left alone.

"Me and your mother were roommates back when we were in college, I'm sure you already know that. However, were more than roommates." Principal Sanders looked at me straight in the eyes. It seemed to me that she's being sincere. "We used to be the best of friends, we were basically inseparable but that's until your father came into the equation and changed everything." She went on.

"My father?" I was even more confused. This wasn't the answer that I'm looking her from her and I don't even want to hear things involving my father. "What does that asshole have to do with things?"

"You see, your father and I dated first before your father decided that he's not really contented with one hole. He ended up cheating with your mother." Principal Sanders revealed and I wasn't just shocked by it, I was appalled. "But that guy was really just like you said, he was an asshole. A womanizer, to be exact. Your mother and I spoke and she really needed some help. Just because we had that kind of past doesn't mean I'm not willing to subject her to help."