CHAPTER 50

JORDI ADKINS

"What the... Hey, Zach, what are you doing here?" I inched my way approaching Zach who's sitting at our front porch. I don't have any other option but to put on my congenial mask purposely making the air feel less awkward. Xavier followed behind me and I couldn't quite tell if he's feeling an itch of jealousy or not. He wasn't talking but I could feel it in my bones that there's something off.

"Oh, hey. Y-you're with Xavier." Zach got up. I think I might have heard his voice crack up there and it did nothing but make me feel like I want to just disappear in this moment.

"Y-yeah. We just uhh..." In my head, I was thinking of a lie but I wasn't able to think of anything in the moment. "He uhm... walked me home." I ended up uttering the blatant truth. There's no point in lying, plus, I really want to prevent complicating things.

I instantly saw the sadness that flickered right through Zach's eyes. "Oh, I see. That's why I... You know what, never mind. I'm just going to head out." Zach faked a smile.

There was an awkward silence right after that and that aforementioned silence was the loudest that it would've probably pierced right through our eardrums if it was something of a physical weapon.

"Where are you going buddy?" Xavier suddenly decided to speak up and I thought that's going to loosen up the air around us but somehow, it didn't. "Do you like want to hang out with Jordi and I?" He offered.

"Oh, uhm... m-maybe next time? I forgot that I actually need to pick up my mom from work." Zach lied.

I thought Xavier's going to continue speaking but then we both ended up watching Zach leave in a very awkward dead of silence. I was looking directly at Zach as he jumped inside his car and I felt horrible about this unprecedented encounter. I don't have to blame anyone except that I'm the one standing in the center of this equation.

I was just thinking that maybe, just maybe, Zach got used to driving me home. I don't know why he showed up here but maybe he's trying to ask me out once again. This is getting crazy and somehow, I was expecting it. A small part of me had this growing urge to run towards Zach and talk to him but I know I just couldn't do that.

Zach smiled right at us one last time before eventually driving away.

"So, you and Zach huh?" Xavier turned around to face me and he let out a very breathy undertone.

'Fuck' I cursed inside my head. Xavier's jealous. Xavier's jealous. Xavier's jealous. I had to repeat that three times to let myself know that it's normal for him to get jealous.

"Yeah, he's a nice guy but we are just friends." I replied making my voice firm with conviction.

Xavier inched his way towards me and in a blink of an eye, he draped his arm around my shoulder. "And what about me? Are we just friends?" With his hazel eyes and that sticky smile, he glared directly into my eyes disrespectfully making me feel the urge to kiss him. At the very same time, he's also making me feel like I want to push him away.

I didn't know how to respond to his query without fainting or having a spasm and I ended up ignoring him. I removed his arm around my shoulder and then the next thing I know; I was inside the house.

"Hey, what are you still doing outside?" I asked waiting for Xavier to step inside.

"Oh, I thought you weren't going to invite me inside."

"Bitch, get your ass inside."

As soon as Xavier set foot inside, I began strutting leading the way straight to my room. I don't want to admit it but I'm a little excited to cuddle with him. I missed him throughout the entire day and it would be a big lie if I say that I don't miss the taste of his mouth and the pleasure of his warm touch.