Chapter 12

It feels like I've lost time. Like I've just awakened from a really long nap or recently come out of a coma. Everything around me seems much brighter; better than ever but there is also this sense of unknowing or a lack of awareness sitting heavily on my mind. One minute it was getting ready to dance and now I'm here trying to figure out why my phone and even the date on the TV says that today is Thursday. There are missing days between then and now and it makes no sense at all. I don't remember waking up this morning and can't say how long I've been in this position on my queen size bed watching huge drops of rain slid down the glass pane of my windows simply feeling...lost. This place is so unfamiliar to me but at the same time it feels like home.

I've walked around this apartment a total of three times taking in the bits and pieces of me in it before coming back to this bed where I'm sitting comfortably with all the fluffy pillows propped up beneath my back. Why can't I remember simple things like when I moved in here or exactly where here is? Why does that even matter? Aside from this place, there are unexplained feelings within me that's also contributed to my idle state on this bed. A part of me is mourning, empty, and longing as if I'm missing someone...but who?

A frustrated sigh is all I can manage at the moment. I'm tired of the circular motion going on inside my head and am in need of a break from my own mind. Throwing back the thick blankets and warm sheets I slipped out of bed heading straight for the bathroom. Of all the rooms in this apartment, this one has to be my favorite. The separate shower looks big enough to hold six people, the walls are shiny and made of the same granite rock as my kitchen counters, and the jacuzzi tub is up on a platform below another large window and surrounded by candles. I don't remember much of that bed and breakfast I was at but with an apartment like this I can't think of one reason why I'd need to go there to relax.

Sitting on the edge of the tub I flipped on the water immediately sighing when it touched my fingers. Right off it's the perfect temperature and fills the room with steam. I wasted no time pulling off the extremely large button up shirt that oddly smells of men's cologne and slipped into the water, again sighing my pleasure. It took no time at all to fill up and for that I was thankful because as soon as I laid back resting my head on the edge I found myself losing the battle to stay awake. The candles aren't lit but the aroma still filters around me. This feels like heaven. Fresh rain scented liquid heaven I wish I'd never had to leave. With my eyes closed and my body submerged to my breasts imagines of soaking in a hot spring that's situated at the bottom of a small grassy embankment with large boulder protruding from it enter my mind. Water cascades from the rocks cycling like a shower. Tiny green leaves cover every inch of soil around the boulders and the base of every tree.

I drop back into the water letting it soak into my hair and wash over me completely as if the beads of water running down my face, neck, and arms when I emerge from the warm depths take away every bit of stress and worry within my body. Suddenly there is whistling behind me and out of instinct I whip around folding my arms over my bare breasts. Men. Three men dressed in fancy dark attire stand within plain view of me watching with smiles and smirks. One steps forward, a tall grizzly looking man with sandy brown hair and a long nose bares his yellow teeth to me, props his foot up on the hollow log that hosts my dress. His mischievous grin is taunting sending chills down my spine. Disgusted chills.

"Where for art thou husband, fair maiden?" His voice contained heavy traces of an English accent that put so much fear into me that I didn't dare speak.

Wake up...wake up..why can't I wake up? I blinked hard thinking I'd be back in my bathroom soaking in the tub but my eyes land on the dark water surrounding me and the creamy white skin covering my arms. What the hell? Hearing the men behind me still, I moved a little deeper into the spring trailing my feet along the smooth stones at the bottom and turn my back to him.