Chapter 33

The few people around me that witnessed my jump seem to be frozen in place with an occasional glance up to see where I came from then back at me. The scent that brought me out here floods the air to the point that my eyes close and my head turns in search of the source. When I open them, the people standing around me were inching way then scurry off down the street like scared rodents. It wasn't them. Although they smell just as delicious, the scent that has me under it's spell isn't coming from them.

I looked into the light of the falling sun, following the path it set for me. The cold pavement isn't a factor nor is the wind blowing my hair into my face. I'm like Alice in Through the Looking Glass; stuck on the other side of the mirror banging the reflective plate to scream that I'm here but no one can hear or see me. This feeling that has taken over me is strong, powerful, and untamed. I'm an animal that won't we caged. Fueled by hunger that must be sated.

Each step taken, more eyes seem to fall upon me. I must look absolutely crazy to them but I can't bring myself to care. I want that smell...need it!

I'm a good distance from the hotel that has become my temporary home. The old builds around me look familiar as do the cluttered streets due to the many days I had to walk them to and from work. Here, the scent is almost overwhelming. So much that my gums ache ten times more. Trailing my tongue across my teeth, it's pricked by the sharp points of my teeth. The taste of my own blood provokes a satisfied purr but it just isn't enough.

The wind blew a small gust carrying that tantalizing aroma to me. Like a bloodhound sniffing out a fugitive, my nose is turned up to eliminate the other scents from the one I want.

"You lost Baby?" my eyes shot open at the unexpected greeting of a raspy voice speaking behind me. One last whiff of the air had me licking my lips as I slowly turned. "I'm sure I can help you find your way."

"Yeah? What else can you do?" Soft and sweet I asked, shifting my weight to my right taking in his full appearance. His body is clad in denim and black, telling of his status as a biker which I then confirm by the helmet hanging loosely from a clip on his jeans. Shaggy brown hair frames his face, a thick dark beard rounding his lips and covering most of his chin. Despite the looks of him which as rather sexy, my mind is focused more on what can't be seen.

His blood.

"Take a ride with me and I'll show you." He thumbed over his left shoulder toward the motorcycle sitting just off the corner of a building leading into a dark alley. A sinister smile made it's way onto my face at the idea of being closed off in total darkness. The thought of just backing him up into a corner of it makes me giddy with excitement and my gums ache with desire.

"Why take a ride when you could just show me now?" A single finger trailed across his broad chest and around his back to clasp a small lock of his hair between my fingers as I passed him. I can feel him taking each step I took. Pursuing me into the dark depths of the alley. It smells of garbage, piss, and spilled alcohol but over all of that is the blood my teeth lengthen to get to.

What man would follow a woman--one that's half dressed in the cold with no shoes on at that--into a dark alley?

A dumb one.

I let him put his hands on my hips, caress the bare skin of my waist and even cup my breasts as he leaned into me to kiss on my neck. I'm just laying in wait for him to drop his guard. That comes much quicker than expected.

"I want your mouth, Baby." huskily he whispers against my ear. His belt jingles loudly signalling his eagerness. With another dark smile, my teeth reach my bottom lip, the last of my control snaps like a thin twig beneath a heavy foot.