Chapter 27

I felt myself being moved gently then a little while later I felt arms come around me. I was lifted off the soft mound created by my jacket and Nicolas' shirt. Remembering what we had done, I opened my eyes just enough to see that he was carrying me back to his truck. It was still dark out with the moon beaming down on us brightly illuminating his face perfectly.

How he managed to get the door open while carrying me bridal style was a mystery but the next thing I know he was placing me on the seat gently pecking my lips as he fastened the seat belt across me. I love his lips. I can admit that now that I've felt them in every way possible and because I love them so much, my mind automatically made me kiss him back.

"I didn't mean to wake you." he whispered against them creating a path of goosebumps along my arms.

"You honestly expected me to sleep through you seducing me?"

He laughed lightly rubbing his open palms against my thighs. It was a casual movement yet it was sweet and sensual. The longer he touched me, stared into my eyes, and kissed me so sweetly I felt like a lover. Like his lover and it sent my heart soaring.

"I have not yet begun to seduce you, Querida, but when I do I'm sure your heart will be beating much faster than it is now." Leaning forward he brushed the tip of my nose with his own, "Go back to sleep now."

"Why? What if I want to stay up with you?"

He laughed again but this time there was a mischievous gleam in his eyes and the hands that were on my thighs were now inching up toward my center. "I plan to keep you up for the remainder of the night so you would be wise to rest now." His lips were now back against mine with his tongue and both fangs rolling across them. He moved slowly up my jaw and down my neck reigniting the fire I thought he'd put out in the field. "After we retrieve some of your things you will be locked in my bedroom with me until your body is so sensitive that a kiss to your toes will initiate an orgasm."

I felt him suck the skin at the base of my neck between his lips before he pulled back with a wink, closing the door. I took that time to get my breathing and hormones under control. If I fail to do one or the other, he and I will never make it to my apartment. Looking behind me into the back seat as he slid into the driver's seat, I laughed at the idea of us starting the party early back there.

Breathing and hormones...hormones and naughty thoughts.

All need and want for sleep had been lost after he kissed me. Now my mind was going over the many things he wanted to do but ever so often, I'd question that feeling I had when we were laying in each other's arms. I not only felt like someone was watching us but I felt like the presence was hostile. If they were in fact hostile, why had they not approached us? Was it another vampire that had been attracted by my scent and decided not to attack me because Nicolas was there, or something else drawn in by the sounds we were making?

I shouldn't be thinking about that when I have a good reason to smile and be happy beside me. Especially after his hand comes over the center console and holds onto mine. What he said to me about Simone makes me feel a lot better about there being a real "us" now. I feel like I don't have to worry about him just using me to get Simone back nor looking at me and seeing her. He understands that I am Rayne with Simone's memories; the mental keeper of his past and hopefully the creator of his future.

"Hopefully?" I glanced at him curiously. "There is no question that you're my future, Rayne."

"Ok, how in the hell did you--Oh don't tell me you can read my mind now!"

The laugh I was genuinely beginning to love sounded through the car, "I can now that I've had your blood. Don't worry though Querida, I will not intrude often."