Chapter 11: Meanies and Cuddle Buddies

"Don't forget to meet at the school entrance tomorrow at twelve o' clock sharp," Mr. Kent, my form teacher says loudly before looking back to his magazine in his hands.

Chatter fills the room and I begin to doodle in my planner, thinking about this trip that the school has organised. Only for our grade, the school has organised a camping trip for a few nights in the woods. It's purpose is team building exercises to 'help increase our school spirit and bring us together as a family.' I'm only going because I get to miss a few days off school. I mean, wouldn't you?

The girls are going, too and we are all really excited. We've been talking about this since we found out about it at the end of last month and now that it's finally here, I'm over the moon! What makes it even better is that Ashley isn't going to be there because of some cheerleading commitments (or something like that), so I get to spend time with the girls without having to worry about not wanting to pummel her to death. It's a win-win situation!

"I'm so annoyed I can't go tomorrow," I hear Ashley's squeaky voice echo from the corner of the classroom.

I glance up for a moment to see, and then look back down to my half drawn doodle of hands. She's sat in her seat with a few others surrounding her. Lauren is sat beside her but she's looking down at a notebook and holding a pen, most likely doodling as I am.

"Don't worry, Ash," I hear her husky voice reply, but she doesn't seem very sympathetic. "It probably won't even be that fun."

Hm. That's not how she's been feeling when we've all be buzzing about it for the past few weeks. I can't help but bite my lower lip as I try to hide my laughter that will soon come out. No, Y/N, don't laugh.

"Okay," Ashley says - I can almost imagine the sickening pout she has on her lips as she says this, "but I'll miss you, babe."

Lauren doesn't reply which causes me to glance up for a moment again. She's staring intently at her notebook and her eyebrows are scrunched up in concentration: she's not even listening. She's concentrating on whatever she's doodling. I can't help but try to suppress my laughter even more. Of course Lauren would be paying more attention to her doodles than to her own girlfriend.

"Hm, what?" She finally says, probably sensing the silence that has formed from the small ring of people around her as they wait for her reply. She looks up and stares at Ashley with an innocent look.

"I said," Ashley repeats, obviously annoyed she has to repeat herself, but hiding it with a smile, "I will miss you, babe."

Lauren blinks and replies seconds later. "Oh. I'll miss you, too, but I'll only be gone a few days."

"Still," Ashley replies, glancing around at the ring of students around them as she sits herself on Lauren's lap, catching her by surprise and making her look up from her notebook and have to make space for her unwanted guest.

Wait, is she acting like this because of them? Is that why she's with Lauren? Wait, no. I'm overthinking things. Stop it. That's my jealousy brainwashing me.

"A few days feels like forever when I'm not with you," Ashley says, feigning sweetness making me clutch my stomach to prevent me from physically being sick at the sight. The ring of students 'aww' at Ashley's comment causing her to smirk at their reaction.

"Um-" Lauren starts, but doesn't know how to react to that. Before she can muster a suitable response, Ashley presses her lips against Lauren's a bit too forcefully for my liking, and I can't help but feel jealousy pulse through me. I look back down to my notebook and release a deep breath, allowing my jealousy to flow out of me.