Chapter 19: Dinner Dates and Shoulders to Cry On

It's been a week since I've returned to school. Unfortunately, that week has been filled with homework from teachers, none of them even considering that we may have better things to do. Well, obviously they wouldn't. It's school.

The girls and I are all still buzzing about our Christmas gifts, all of us using them whenever we can. We even use each other's, and using Dinah's Polaroid camera, we take so many pictures that I'm surprised she still has film left. All the pictures are adorable and you can clearly tell we are all having the time of our lives as we enjoy each other's company. I seriously can't be any more thankful for these five girls in my life.

Lauren is still with Ashley (duh), and when Ashley saw Lauren in class the day after we arrived, I had to block my ears from the act she put on, claiming she "couldn't live without her" and "missed her like crazy". Lauren admitted that she missed her, too which disheartened me a little, but then I realised that she reacted more excited when she saw me than when she saw Ashley, so I guess that's something.

Anyway, speaking of Ashley and Lauren. It's now the weekend and straight after classes ended, Lauren raced over to the girls and I looking really happy. It made me smile just to see her like that and I couldn't help but wonder why she was.

"Ashley and I are going out to dinner tonight!" she exclaimed with a grin, looking between the girls and I.

The girls and I obviously said we were happy for her, and I knew that she must be excited because of the whole 'getting bored of Lauren' thing, but inside I'm pretty sure I felt my heart crack a little. Just a little, but enough to cause me an immense amount of pain. Every time Lauren is happy about something to do with Ashley, I can't help but die a little inside. I want to be the one to make her happy; I want to be the reason she is giddy; I want to be hers. She has invaded my heart and mind and there's no way I can surrender.

Now, we are all in her dorm room, helping her get ready for her date. Apparently, Ashley is taking her out to some top notch fancy restaurant that's off campus, seeing as she got the authorisation from the head teacher. Lauren hasn't stopped smiling since she found out.

"Okay, I'm ready," I hear her raspy voice say, causing me to look up from my phone and see her.

I'm pretty sure that if looks could kill, I would be dead. And not in a bad way. She looks stunning. A black dress hugs her every curve perfectly and her luscious raven locks are curled lightly, cascading down her back and some over her shoulder. I can't bring it to myself to tear my eyes away from her; she's like a magnet, attracting me with her powerful aura.

"Woah," the rest of the girls say in unison, looking at her with dropped jaws and wide eyes.

I don't speak, still entranced by her beauty. She's breathtaking.

"Thanks, I guess," she blushes lightly, looking down to her heels. She looks back up a few seconds later and notices I haven't spoken. Her eyebrows furrow and she frowns, "Do you not like it, Y/N?" She turns around to look in the mirror and appears self conscious. "It's too much, isn't it? I knew it was."

I shake my head immediately and step forward, placing my hand on her shoulder, resulting in her to look at my reflection in the mirror. "You look absolutely perfect, Lauren."

Her lips twitch into a small smile and she raises her eyebrows. "Really? Are you sure? Because I think that the dress is a little-"

I laugh lightly and turn her around with my hands to make eye contact with me. I try not to forget my next words as her intense green eyes pierce into mine. "It's fine! The dress is perfect and you look amazing. Seriously."