Chapter 27: Annoying Alarms and Bad Bowling Ideas

Spending two weeks with the Jauregui's is definitely one of the best things I've ever agreed to. It was filled with different activities every day, ranging from going to the beach to going go-karting. It was awesome. The girls and I are so thankful, that we come together (without Lauren, of course) to think of a way we can thank them. Tomorrow is the last official day we are spending here, so we want to plan something special.

"It has to be something awesome," Camila says, grabbing the cushion off 'her' bed and cuddling it. We are all chilling in the room she is staying in. We managed to convince Lauren to pick up some snacks from the corner shop so she should be back soon, meaning this has to be quick. "They've done a lot for us, so it's only fair we return the favour."

We all nod our heads and remain quiet, wondering what we could possibly do to thank the Jauregui's. After what feels like forever, everyone's attention spans lessen and Dinah and Normani start flicking each other, giggling like five year olds, and forgetting why they are here.

"Okay, I think I have an idea," I speak up, resulting in them to stop play-fighting and look my way, along with Ally and Camila. "It's not the best idea, but what if we buy and cook them a nice dinner to finish up our last night here? It can be something fancy like steak."

They all glance at each other as I wait for their reply, and smiles appear on their faces when they face me again.

"That's a great idea, Y/N." Ally claps her hands together excitedly, but then gives me a knowing look. "But I'm not cooking."

I roll my eyes playfully and a laugh escapes my mouth. Ally absolutely loves baking, but cooking? Not so much.

"I don't mind," I say with an amused smile, "but I need some help. Three of us can do the cooking and the other two can take the Jauregui's out the house so we can get started. What do you say?"

Normani nods and speaks up, offering her idea. "Okay. How about you and I cook, Ally make the desert, and Camila and Dinah occupy the Jauregui's?"

"Hey, why can't I help with the cooking?" Camila pouts at us all, crossing her arms across her chest.

I raise my eyebrow at her and a chuckle escapes my mouth. "Do you not remember the Christmas incident of 2012?" It was hilarious. Let's just say that Camila should probably hire a personal chef when she grows up.

"It's not my fault the turkey wanted to have 'Camila's bracelets' as stuffing," she defends herself, resulting in laughter from us all. "But I get your point. I'll distract the Jauregui's."

"Awesome!" I grin, feeling my excitement building up inside as I imagine their reaction. They won't even suspect a thing. "We just need to buy the things. So, how about Dinah and Ally pick up the food tonight and the others will keep the Jauregui's here. But that means we will have to wake up early tomorrow in order for this to work."

They all groan at the thought of waking up early, but nod their heads, knowing there's no other choice.

Before anyone can respond, the bedroom door creaks open and in walks Lauren herself. An excited smile occupies her face and she says, "I bought some marshmallows and popcorn for tonight's movie night."

We all look at each other nervously, hoping she didn't hear our conversation. I bite on my lower lip, praying to the guy upstairs that she didn't.

"I feel like I've interrupted something." She frowns, looking between us all, furrowing her eyebrows. "What were you all talking about?"

No one replies immediately, causing Lauren to raise her eyebrow curiously. Eventually, Dinah speaks up quickly. She always was the best at lying.

A Not So Innocent Crush | a Lauren/You Fanfictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें