Chapter 41: Deals & Demos and Life-Changing Decisions

The cool summer breeze hits my skin and I smile contently at the feeling. The bright sun shines down, casting a yellow-orange glow on the green grass below. Thankfully, Lauren and I are sitting under a large tree, so we have shade to prevent us from being too warm. I'm sat in front of the tree trunk, leaning my back against it, and Lauren is laying in between my legs, resting her head on my lap. My hands subconsciously play with her wavy locks and I note how soft they are, feeling them fall through my fingers like silk.

"Have you started revising for our exams yet?" I ask her, averting my gaze from the beautiful horizon to an even more beautiful Lauren.

She tilts her head backwards, remaining in between my legs, and smiles. "I started revising for those a few weeks ago, Y/N. Have you?"

I smile sheepishly and avoid her gaze. Of course she's started revising. She isn't a straight A student for no reason, is she?

"Kind of..."

When I look back to her enticing green eyes, I see that she is trying to stifle a laugh, obviously knowing I'm lying and finding it amusing. I should be annoyed, but I can't bring myself to it as I study how beautiful she looks when she's happy. I'm so glad that I can make her happy because God only knows how happy she makes me.

"Come here, you idiot." She rolls her eyes playfully, motioning for me to move forward.

Not wanting to miss any chance to kiss her, I lean down and my lips immediately find hers. Despite kissing her so many times, I still feel this raging sensation inside of my stomach; I love it. Her lips move in perfect synchronisation with mine and she begins to nibble on my lower lip. A moan is begging to escape, but the urge to kiss her is overpowering, so I suppress it and continue to move my lips against hers. My hands find her jaw and I caress it slowly as she flicks her tongue in my mouth, causing the tingles in my stomach to turn into fireworks. However, before we can go any further, a voice breaks us out of our moment.

"Come on, guys, get a room!"

I pull my lips away from hers with great difficulty and open my eyes, only to be met with her emerald green ones. She sighs and I look up to see the other girls standing there with amused expressions. Are you kidding me?

"Hey, guys." I narrow my eyes at them as I lean back.

They wave their fingers at me and wear humoured smiles, only annoying me further. Lauren sits up from in-between my legs and moves back, leaning her back against me. I wrap my arms around her waist and lean my head on her shoulder. I see her smile at me lovingly as she gets more comfortable and places her hands on mine, intertwining her fingers with mine.

"What's up?" she asks, directing the question to the girls, who seem to look breathless, now that I pay more attention to them.

Their expressions immediately turn from humorous to serious, and they share a look of urgency, obviously remembering why they came.

"Mrs. Clay wants us all to be in her room asap," Ally explains with a rushed tone. "It's to do with the demo we gave her."

Lauren sits up straight at the mention of the demo and I perk up, too, listening to the girls with more interest now.

"We think that we might be getting our grade!" Camila exclaims, looking as if she is having bittersweet feelings to receiving her results.

"Wait." Lauren shakes her head. "Did anyone else get their grade yet?"

"We don't know," Normani answers, glancing over her shoulder before looking at us with wide eyes. "But come on! Either way, it's something important and she wants us all there!"