Chapter 39: Wake Up Calls and Catch Ups

My eyes flutter open, only to immediately shut because of the bright light coming from the window. I feel someone stroking my arm softly, on my burn mark to be exact. I shuffle in place, feeling something hard beneath me.

"Good morning," Lauren's raspy morning voice whispers quietly in my ear.

I turn my head and body to face her and see that she is fully awake, staring at me lovingly as her finger wavers on my burn. It doesn't hurt, but I'm not used to the contact there. I'm assuming she was thinking about everything that happened if she was looking at it. I just hope she doesn't blame herself.

"I didn't mean to wake you," she says apologetically, frowning at me as she removes her hand from my arm. "Did you sleep okay?"

Now that I think about, I didn't have any nightmares. I've not slept this peaceful in the past few days, and that was all thanks to Lauren.

I nod my head slowly, curving my lips into a lazy smile. "Yeah, thanks to you. Thank you for staying with me."

Her lips raise into a smile. "It's okay. No need to thank me. I'm just glad you slept okay."

I don't respond, but instead study her features, noticing the few spots she has around her cheeks, which are usually covered by her makeup; her distinctly shaped lips that are the perfect shade of pink; her long eyelashes that frame her beautiful sea green eyes and make them stand out, appearing that utmost perfect. She isn't wearing any makeup and to be honest, I prefer it that way. How can one be so perfect?

"Why didn't the alarm go off?" I ask her with a puzzled expression, moving closer to her and nuzzling my head into her neck. Her natural scent invades my nostrils and I smile contently.

"I turned it off," she responds simply, wrapping her arm around my body and providing me with even more warmth. "I didn't want it to bother you. But, don't worry. You have another half hour to sleep before we have to get up for school."

I nod my head, secretly grinning to myself because of how thoughtful she is. "Thanks, Laur."

She kisses the top of my head gently and rests her head above mine, sighing peacefully. We stay in each other's arms for a long time, and I don't know how long passes, but before I know it, she speaks up quietly.

"Y/N, are you asleep?"

I shake my head, not opening my eyes. My head is still in her neck and I plan on keeping it that way because she is extremely comfortable.

"Good, because we need to wake up."

I groan and move my head further into her neck to show I don't want to move. "If you love me, you'll let me be," I say tiredly, planting a soft kiss on her neck because I can't be bothered moving my head to kiss her lips.

She laughs lightly, trying to move her neck and head away from me, but I cuddle closer and closer to her.

"Come on, Y/N," she says with an amused tone. "We need to wake up."

I sigh, sitting up and rubbing my tired eyes. I turn around and see she is still lying down, except she looks up at me with a humorous expression and her sparkling green eyes. I seriously wouldn't mind waking up to her every morning.

"Finally," she teases playfully, about to sit up, but I take her by surprise as I straddle her waist and wrap my arms under her torso, leaning my head in her neck again.

"You're comfy," I mutter, nuzzling further into her neck.

"Y/N!" She laughs, trying to pry me off her, but miserably failing. I think she gives up because she wraps her arms around my body and kisses my head. "You're so sneaky."