Chapter one

CASSANDRA KHAN

"Cassy, when are you getting here?" I sigh for like a hundredth time I think.

The old lady sitting beside me keeps on sending me weird glances probably feeling annoyed by my limitless sighs or whatever like I care.

However, my sister is also not making it easier for me. I am on my way to her but she keeps calling me every after ten minutes asking me the same.
Cassy, when are you getting here?
Hearing that question you would think I am probably bringing her something useful or a life-sustaining thing but no, quite the opposite.

She knows I am pretty wild and she loves to party with me, and there you have it.

It so happened I've finished my years in high school and now I am waiting for an acceptance letter to one of the many universities that I applied to go to in foreign countries.

I want to start my own life, without anyone of my family helping me out. It's been my dream ever since I was a little girl, I dreamed of being my person. The person that I made of myself, and leaving the country and going to another for a new start feels like it.

I am here to spend some quality time with my sister, she moved from home the moment she finished high school to work at the family company located in the northern part of Rwanda and she does her schooling here but one thing that never changes, it's when we go wild.
We light up the place, quite why I am on my way to her.

"Sarah, I will be there soon, I think in an hour we will be there." She groans loudly on the phone.
"You kept saying an hour for like the past three hours." I roll my eyes because the ride doesn't even take three hours.

"Are you even ready? Why didn't you even come in the morning what were you doing there?"
"Sarah, I was saying bye to my friends. You know I refused to stay with them and come to be with you."

"Well, that's not even a case to argue about because you know you love me more than them." She says and I roll my eyes for the second time.
"I will be there soon Sarah, trust me. We are almost there this time."

"Whatever, I am giving you ten minutes if you are not here you are finding us there." She says and I feel enticed with her calls so I tell her to leave.

"No, problem Sarah. You guys just go. I will find you there." I say to her.
"Are you sure? Because I was just kidding while saying that." I roll my eyes at her. Yeah kidding. That's not the tone of kidding at all, she sounded relieved.

"Yeah, just go. Don't worry about me. I will make it there."
That's also true because I wouldn't miss a night out for anything.
"Okay, love you baby sister but even though we are leaving please hurry up too."

"Yeah."
We hang up and I sigh.
I am looking forward to spending this time with my sister and her friends.

They are so wild but I could be pretty wild myself.
I want to have the best time of my young self days before I get on with the next journey of my life.

After thirty to forty minutes I am making my way into my sister's apartment.
I know where she leaves the extra key so I let myself in.
And wow! the apartment is a wild mess itself. Beer bottles, wine bottles, and red cups sprayed everywhere.

The scene just shows how last night was going on around here.
There are spilled drinks, food on the floor, and whatever shit they felt like throwing on the floor.
I look at the place and I frown at myself.

Yes, I love and live a wild life but I don't work in dirty places.

I sigh with myself before I remove my jacket knowing I can't just get ready for my wild night in a place like this. I wonder how Sarah left with this mess here but hey, who am I to judge?
I also know I have my worst part so I just let it slide.