Chapter thirteen

CASSANDRA KHAN

"Sweetie, hurry we need to go. You know I have a shift soon." I find myself dragging my body from where I lay on the bed with my arms spread around the sides of the bed.

One time I woke up to a beautiful bright morning just from an amazing night full of passion with a dreamy man that fate seemed to have put in my way where each passing second I tried to grasp really how I had Aaron in my life, I would not get it.

Damn, even my sister and her friends did not get it either.

The other moment, am up surrounded by my family not knowing what was happening, and was told I had been accepted into my dreamy university.

I have wanted this my whole life or so I thought.
But the short time I met Aaron, I am afraid to say just how quickly that man changed my life to the point he reached my dreams too.

I know this is a big thing, a very big thing and I have not tried to voice it to anyone even not to my sister.
I mean how could I?

Growing up I was all about how I wanted to be a politician, be a leader just like my father.
I took pride and desire in going to the same university as the one he went to and grew up just to step in his footsteps like the proud daughter that I have been. He is a good man and I set my dreams following his footsteps.
And now? I do not know.

"Cassy." My aunt Vivian, she is the last born of my father's siblings calls me annoying the shit out of me.
These days, I do not know why I feel so moody than ever.

Ever since I stepped foot in this country, I have had my share of mood swings. I blame it all on being in a place that I don't like which still comes as a shock to me every time I admit it to myself.

Guys, this has been my dream. Guys my dreams my whole life? And now a guy is somewhere there having a drink or probably fucking some other girls for all I know and here I am allowing that same guy to be in the way of my dreams?

Unbelievably! And so pitiful I know too.

However, having my mind go crazy with my thoughts makes me get on my feet reach for my bag walk out of my new room, and head to my Aunt.
We are not allowing certain men to mess with our lives or future.

"Am here," I say to Aunt Vivian making her turn to look at me.

"Good, I was a second away from coming up there and dragging your lazy ass down here."

"Aunty," I say chuckling not believing she just said an ass.

"What? You think you young bloods are the only ones allowed to talk dirty." I smirk at her.

"No, I don't think like that I think dirty talking looks good on you," I say laughing making her laugh with me

"Oh, I better not hear this from Rwanda?" I raise my fingers to my lips and do the sign of zipping my mouth and then throwing away the key.

"Now I know we will be just fine." I nod smiling.

See, I got occupied to even forget that the main reason why I always wanted to come to Mauritius was because of my cool aunt Vivian.

She is from my dad's side and I have wanted to grow up to be just like her.
Not a doctor or anything regarding biochemistry but everything regarding how independent and how cool she always is.

"Let's go. Am getting late for my shift." I nodded and made my way out of her beautiful two-story house.
Everything about her screams luxury and chills and I always loved it.
There is nothing great in this world like being a career-independent woman.