Chapter twenty seven

CASSANDRA KHAN

"Thank you, Cassandra." I pull back slowly to look him in the eyes.
I keep my hands behind his neck while he rests his arms on the lower of my back.

"For what?" I ask with a frown.
I wasn't expecting this.

"For shielding me and going against your family for me." I scratch lightly at the back of his head before shrugging nonchalantly. "It was the right thing to do," I reply and then it hits me.

"Wouldn't you have done the same thing for me?" I pose the question at him. Now I want to know. "I mean if it is right. Something that you knew was the truth and I was pinned on the unfair angle, would you not fight for me? For what was right?"

He runs his thumb at the side of my waist and through even the fabric that is acting as a barrier between his thumb and my skin. It doesn't faze to bring goosebumps to my skin.

"You don't know the lengths I would go for you baby girl. I would fight for you and even die doing it." I smile when he calls me baby girl. I missed it.

"Oh we don't have to talk about deaths right now Aaron, we a have baby to consider." His hand moves up to my face and cups my cheek.

"I am just emphasizing the lengths I would go for you."

"Thank you." He runs his thumb on my cheek carefully. "You don't have to thank me." I nod at him and then before I know it, I am going on my toes again to hug him again.
He doesn't pull me away, he holds me close to his chest.

We reminisce in the sensation of the hug and then we go to bed hand in hand. I am not afraid to admit that I fell asleep that night with a smile on my face.

I slept in because when I woke up, I found Sarah's text message telling me to meet her at the beach.
I feel so good, so much better than how I fell asleep feeling like last night.

It's a beautiful day, I get in the shower and then I put on a bikini with a beach skirt cover-up and reach for my phone before walking out to go look for my sister.

I spot her at the beach with the guys, they are sitting facing the ocean with their back to me.
My smile grows for unknown reasons as I make my way to them.

"Good morning guys."
Sarah turns to look at me and pulls her shades down slightly on her nose.
"Hey, beautiful."

"Hey, you are up early."

"Well, we slept early. There is breakfast for you back inside. Did you see it?" I shake my head.

"No, I will go check it out," I say to her and turn back to go fetch me and my little angel some food.
I am surprised to find it there set on the coffee table.
I put what I wanted on the plate and then reach for juice before walking back to my sister.

"So, what's on the schedule today?"
Brian turns to grin at me.

"How about a deep scuba diving and a crazy wilding day to rid ourselves of the hectic days we've been having lately." I smile nodding my head.

He leans forward and then deep breathes in and then out.
"Oh, I can feel the new horizon calling out to me. Guys let's go have fun."

"Please, first allow me to finish."

"Good morning lively people." We all turn to look at Raphael, yes Raphael.
Brian's friend, the one hosting us in his resort.

"Hey, good friend." Brian jumps on his feet to him and they engage in a brother hug, slapping each other hard on the backs.
I turn back to my food as they do a little catch-up.

"So, what are we doing today?" Raphael questions loudly enough for everyone to hear.

"You know going crazy and nothing less."