Chapter 45

In that moment, Jiang Luo actually felt relieved—he had obtained the blood of the female venom-tail scorpion.

Time was nearly up at twenty-five minutes.

Jiang Luo deliberately sped up the clock, fearing that his subjective sense of time was slower than the actual time.

He needed to escape from Chi You's grasp within five minutes.

Half of Jiang Luo's body emerged from the pool, the thick, sticky blood slowly flowing over him. Perhaps due to the soul-solidifying and yin-protecting effects of the female venom-tail scorpion's blood, the vengeful spirit appeared more solid than ever, almost as if it had a body.

Correspondingly, the sense of danger the vengeful spirit posed also grew.

Bending over, Jiang Luo leaned back even more, the sharp stones pressing against his waist painfully, making his feet, which were stepping on the vengeful spirit's waist, almost slip uncontrollably.

How could he escape from Chi You?

Jiang Luo forced himself to calm down, quickly thinking of a feasible plan.

The young man with black hair pursed his lips, his black strands spreading ghostly around him, his entire body tensing into a beautiful arc.

The only thing on Jiang Luo's body that could attack the vengeful spirit was a single golden rune.

This golden rune could only transform into a dagger, or at most, a rat.

Damn it.

He had to find a way to deceive the vengeful spirit.

He must divert the vengeful spirit's attention away from the fact he had stolen the blood of the female venom-tail scorpion.

He absolutely couldn't let the vengeful spirit see his urgency, couldn't let it know he wanted to save someone. Otherwise, given the vengeful spirit's malice and cruelty, it would just play cat and mouse with Jiang Luo, completely missing the chance to save Lu Youyi.

"A lost bride?" The black-haired young man was at a disadvantage, but the corner of his mouth curled up in mockery, looking at the vengeful spirit as if looking at an idiot, "No, didn't you realize I came here especially for you?"

Chi You raised an eyebrow, chuckling lowly, "For me?"

"Yeah, for you," Jiang Luo looked at Chi You languidly, "To see the famous Chi You, why you're playing god in such a tiny village like Shentu."

The young man's laugh was filled with pure, charming malice, "And to see, how to make this 'god', run away with his tail between his legs like a dog."

Jiang Luo's current appearance was deliberately attractive. Like a rotting flower blooming in the mud, emitting an intense fragrance. The vengeful spirit was drawn by his demeanor, bowing his head with a smile, elegantly said, "Looking at the current situation, it's Mr. Jiang who seems more like a dog that needs to wag its tail for my mercy."

A flicker of disgust briefly passed through Jiang Luo's expression.

The more he showed disdain, the more the vengeful spirit seemed to delight. Chi You's laughter rose from low to high, echoing sinisterly throughout the cave.

The water trembled, and Jiang Luo caught a glimpse of the huge ghost pattern behind the vengeful spirit.

Chi You's physique was undeniably as exceptional as his face, as if the gods had bestowed upon him a special favor in their creation. He was tall and well-proportioned, almost perfect. Stripped of clothing, his firm, yet not exaggerated, muscles covered his body, each muscle's contour playing out like the rhythm of a symphony, full of aesthetic pleasure.