Chapter 107

After a refreshing bath, Jiang Luo walked out of the bathroom, contentedly hugging Yin Hu and praising it. Yin Hu nestled in his arms, letting out a playful "howl" and puffing up its chest.

However, the joyful mood didn't last long as Jiang Luo received a message – Lisa was missing.

Hurrying to the control room, it was already crowded with people. The surveillance video of the time when Lisa disappeared played repeatedly. On the screen, Lisa, sitting lifelessly in a chair, suddenly looked towards the corner, and the next second, the monitor turned into static.

The magnetic field had been disrupted.

After the surveillance issue surfaced, those monitoring immediately notified the police guarding Lisa. But when the police entered, Lisa had already vanished.

From the realization that the video was off to informing the police, it only took a few seconds. With no escape route in the room except the door, Lisa's disappearance was undoubtedly an inexplicable event.

The leader of the blood eel gang had escaped, and the consequences were unimaginable. The atmosphere inside the room was heavy, and Jiang Luo furrowed his brow, calling Officer Lin Qin to join him outside.

"Officer Lin, there's something I need to tell you," Jiang Luo carefully chose his words, hesitatingly saying, "Look into the Chi family regarding the blood eel fish."

"The Chi family? Are you talking about the Chi family involved in puppet soul cultivation?" Officer Lin asked.

Jiang Luo nodded, hesitatingly adding, "The waters here are murky; investigating deeper into it might reveal significant findings. Why were we assigned this task? If there are Chi family associates among the wealthy onboard, they might be controlled by the blood eel fish. I can't share more details; it's too complicated. If you investigate, do it discreetly, Officer Lin, you understand?"

Officer Lin was puzzled, seeming to grasp and yet not fully. He quickly grabbed Jiang Luo's wrist, "Wait, Jiang, you're saying there are Chi family members on the ship too?"

"Yes," Jiang Luo confirmed, "More than one Chi family member."

After a brief exchange of glances, Officer Lin's expression grew solemn. He released Jiang Luo, saying, "Thanks for the information, Jiang."

Jiang Luo smiled, "Officer Lin, your countenance exudes righteousness; you're a good person. I believe you'll uncover the truth."

Officer Lin had a broad forehead, sharp eyebrows, and clear, deep eyes. Though he tended to be talkative and meddlesome, he never lied, and his face reflected honesty. Jiang Luo easily judged Officer Lin's character.

Officer Lin awkwardly smiled, saying, "The disappearance of the blood eel fish leader is unbelievably strange. Can we count on your assistance afterward?"

"We can help," Jiang Luo considered, "but we lack tools. We'll have to rely on old-fashioned methods, which might not be as effective."

Officer Lin waved his hand, "No problem. We've prepared everything you need. Director Xu handed them over before you embarked on the mission."

The police brought the tools, and the group eagerly embraced compasses and talismans they hadn't seen in a while. With the supplies in hand, the rest became more manageable. However, despite searching every inch of Lisa's vanished room, they found nothing.

Although prepared, Officer Lin couldn't hide his disappointment.

Jiang Luo and his companions exchanged glances, still holding onto a glimmer of hope. They mixed ash, salt, and exorcism talismans into a bowl of water, flicking it around the ship, hoping to force out any apparitions.