Chapter 85

The guest with black hair received a positive response from the captain, and nodded in satisfaction before heading back with Ge Zhu.

However, they had barely taken a few steps when they heard a commotion coming from the civilian passageway. Jiang Luo looked back and saw that a crew member had roughly thrown a civilian off the ship, who then awkwardly climbed ashore.

The crew member was strong and intimidating, with a face full of scars. He grabbed the side of the ship and yelled at the poor man who had fallen into the water: "Daring to board the ship without a ticket, scram! If I see you again, I'll beat you every time!"

The poor man on the shore, who had been punched in the face, had his face smeared with blood from his nose. He shrank back timidly but then mustered up the courage to say, "I had a ticket, but you tore it up—"

The crew member sneered, "Still trying to lie?"

The poor man who was thrown off the ship stood there dazed for a while and did not continue to cause trouble, leaving dejectedly.

A crew member next to Jiang Luo said, "His name is Cheng Li, the one with the worst temper on our ship. He's also a scoundrel who abandoned his wife and daughter, loves to bully the poor, and is full of lies. If the guest needs anything, it's best not to look for him."

Below, Cheng Li spat into the water and walked away, cursing.

After watching the incident, Jiang Luo and Ge Zhu said goodbye to the crew member and left. On the way, Ge Zhu asked, "Jiang Luo, did that first mate named Winston really harass you?"

Hearing this, Jiang Luo, who initially seemed quite angry, unexpectedly revealed a smile.

Jiang Luo discovered a secret about the evil spirit.

To call it a secret might be an overstatement; it was more akin to a joke. The evil spirit, harboring desires for him, seemed clueless about how to express them.

When inspecting him, the evil spirit's actions, although flirtatious and suggestive, always seemed to be aimlessly chasing desires that couldn't find their fulfillment. On the surface, the evil spirit smiled breezily, appearing effortless, but Jiang Luo could sense the dark and frustrated turmoil within him, with nowhere to vent.

How ludicrous.

Chi You, a powerful evil spirit that seemed omnipresent and omnipotent, a deep strategist and the powerful head of the Chi family — didn't even know how to make love.

When he realized this, Jiang Luo almost burst into laughter.

He mockingly thought about Chi You, especially when he remembered Chi You's words that had once made him feel so threatened. Jiang Luo deeply regretted it.

Back in that alley, why did he use his life-saving talisman? Given the situation, Chi You probably wouldn't even know how to proceed, likely just fumbling around as clumsily as the vague scenes from TV dramas. Such a pity, a life-saving talisman wasted!

Jiang Luo, suppressing his laughter under Ge Zhu's puzzled gaze, cleared his throat and opened the door: "His actions made me very uncomfortable, forget about him."

Ge Zhu followed him in, and once Jiang Luo closed the door, he completely relaxed, collapsing on the sofa and saying, "Pretending to be rich is really exhausting."

Ge Zhu carried a Buddhist aura about him, appearing as if untainted by any worldly greed, and to alter his aura, he even adorned several thick gold chains around his neck, which weighed heavily and caused discomfort.

Seylor walked onto the balcony, and Ge Zhu removed his gold chains, breathing out a sigh of relief as he followed. Looking down, they noticed that most of the passengers had already boarded.