Chapter 20

Unexpected, truly unexpected.

Jiang Luo had already given up his suspicions about Bai Yefeng because of those documents, only to have their true identity unexpectedly revealed through a fortunate coincidence.

This discovery significantly lifted Jiang Luo's spirits.

He couldn't suppress his smile, wiping away the ash from his fingers. Just as he finished cleaning his hands, Xu Yan returned from outside.

Xu Yan, whose whereabouts were unknown, had some mud spots on his shoes. When Jiang Luo glanced back at him, Xu Yan glared back defensively.

Jiang Luo smiled, "You're back? It's going to rain outside later."

There's a saying that one does not slap a smiling face, and since Jiang Luo's smile was so charming and his demeanor so familiar, the slight hostility between them was easily dissolved. Xu Yan felt almost embarrassed to keep glaring and stiffly responded with a "Hmm."

Jiang Luo poured two cups of water from a thermos, casually saying, "Have a seat, why stand?"

After a moment's hesitation, Xu Yan walked over and sat down.

Jiang Luo also sat, smiling warmly and propping his cheek as he looked at him. His black hair was covered with a gray towel, his complexion fair, with long, vividly colored eyebrows and eyes. His pupils were clear as if dabbed with ink, and his lips were as bright as fresh cinnabar. At first glance, he resembled an ethnic minority beauty with a towel on his head and bright red lips and white teeth.

"Have you and classmate Bai known each other for long?"

Xu Yan replied instinctively, "Six years."

"Oh," Jiang Luo realized, curiously pressing on, "Classmate Bai is such a warm and friendly person, has he always been like this?"

Hearing Bai Yefeng praised, Xu Yan's hostility lessened, "Brother Bai has always been great."

He thought for a moment, then hesitantly realized he had almost no memory of Bai Yefeng from before, "But before... Brother Bai was more low-key."

Jiang Luo said, "I heard he started to strive for greater heights five years ago, that would have been in his first year of high school, right? Truly, it's never too late for a talented person to start making efforts."

"Yes," Xu Yan couldn't help but add, "Before high school, we never realized Brother Bai had such talent."

Jiang Luo smiled, "A genius, indeed."

Five years ago.

That was when Chi You hadn't died yet.

This was essentially a huge secret, and Jiang Luo was so excited he wanted to immediately set a trap for Chi You. However, he quickly suppressed this urge, realizing such a significant secret should be leveraged to its fullest.

Jiang Luo casually changed the topic, smoothly transitioning from their earlier conversation. When Bai Yefeng and Zhuo Zhongqiu returned from the bathroom, they found them chatting amicably.

Bai Yefeng approached with a smile, "What are you guys talking about?"

"Talking about the bizarre tales of Shanhai University," Jiang Luo said. "Your school is quite fascinating."

His expression remained utterly unchanged, treating Bai Yefeng with a degree of coldness greater than that shown towards Xu Yan. Such an attitude was only fitting, considering Bai Yefeng had recently ensnared him with a scheme veiled in flattery.

Bai Yefeng, harboring no suspicions, smiled and said, "Classmate Jiang Luo, welcome to our school for a visit. If possible, transferring to our school wouldn't be a bad idea."