Chapter 142

Jiang Luo merely smiled politely as the funeral shop owner continued to persist, finding it odd how this person kept insisting.

"...," the funeral shop owner paused, "let me tell you about the effect of this earring. It's called the 'Soul-Capturing Pendant.' Although it's named that way, its actual function is to soothe the mind. It helps you stay clear-headed and maintain yourself. Not only that, it has a little bonus. It allows the wearer to tap into the power of peering into someone else's soul world once a day. Despite its name, it can't capture your soul but can capture others' souls..."

After praising the pendant extensively, Jiang Luo, unhurried, asked, "Why do you insist on me wearing it?"

Returning to the initial question, the funeral shop owner was on the verge of frustration. "Such a good thing, and you're not tempted?"

Jiang Luo firmly held onto the Soul-Capturing Pendant, shaking his head.

The funeral shop owner sighed, "Forget it. I wanted you to wear it for your own good because I don't want you to kill him..." His tone shifted, "Do you know who the best alchemist in this world is?"

Jiang Luo only knew of one alchemist, confidently stating, "Kuang Zheng."

The funeral shop owner chuckled, "He's talented. I can't resist teaching him some things. But you should know, all the items bought by White Birch University students from my shop, including the Soul-Capturing Pendant in your hand, are handmade by me."

Unable to resist, Jiang Luo looked at him again. The funeral shop owner, with a proud yet modest look, puffed his chest, waiting for praise.

Applauding from within Jiang Luo's embrace, the ginseng spirit made a clapping sound.

The funeral shop owner cleared his throat, about to say more, when Jiang Luo asked, "Did you also forge my Yin-Yang Ring?"

The funeral shop owner, now with a melancholic expression, paused. The smile at his lips flattened, then slowly straightened. "No."

He gazed deeply at Jiang Luo, "That was made by the chosen one."

"He placed the Yin-Yang Ring in my shop, waiting for someone destined to take it," Ji Yaozi explained, "It bears twelve golden inscriptions above. He personally carved each inscription, and every one is a force against malevolent spirits. It was his gift, prepared long ago for someone."

"And you," he continued, "are the only one who discovered the Yin-Yang Ring."

Jiang Luo's expression momentarily turned extremely unpleasant.

Before the Yin-Yang Ring was nearly crushed by Jiang Luo, he frowned, "There are clearly thirteen inscriptions on the Yin-Yang Ring."

"I haven't finished my words," Ji Yaozi said, "I saw the Yin-Yang Ring covered in dust for so long, so I refined it again, adding one more inscription. The current Yin-Yang Ring's function depends on its owner and their fate."

He shrugged, "I don't know the exact abilities of the Yin-Yang Ring after you activated it, but it should still be the usual? Determine direction, discern good and bad, establish Yin and Yang? However, people with mediocre talent and weak strength, especially those who dare not even try to activate the Yin-Yang Ring, can't fully utilize its effects."

Although the funeral shop owner spoke casually, between the lines, Jiang Luo seemed to grasp something.

Ji Yaozi simply refined the Yin-Yang Ring because it had been unused for a long time, not wanting it to deteriorate. No, he just wanted to change the weapon left by the chosen one for "someone" a bit, offering Chi You a glimmer of hope for survival. Just like the Soul-Capturing Pendant, he didn't want Jiang Luo to be completely brainwashed by the chosen one to kill Chi You, but instead, he prepared something for Jiang Luo.