Chapter 17

🔪Trigger Warning🔪: Child abuse

  The second he fell I stood frozen as I stared down at him. The look of shock on his face made me feel sick to my stomach as tears slipped out of my eyes. Stop crying Cleo! He was going to kill you!

"Cleo, we need to go before anybody finds us," I look up in surprise at Leo. I thought he could come in here.

"Thank you," I say quietly as I look back down at my brother.

"Anything for you love," He says and I wrinkled my nose at the nickname.

"How did you get in here?"

"It was pretty easy since there were only two guards to get rid of, I thought there would be at least a couple more. Anyway I knew you needed my help so here I am."

I hated that he said that so easily, how he could kill someone without a second thought. I started walking towards the throne room door. I swung the door open as bright rays of sunlight hit me blinding me for a couple of seconds. When my eyes adjusted I saw the throne sitting there and no surprise that my father was sitting on it.

"You finally arrived," he said with a huge smile on his face. He has a lot more Gray hair than I remember him having the last time I saw him and his body looks more frail. I look behind me to Leo and his eyes darken.

"I thought you were dead, guess I should have known it was too easy." He comments as he shifts in his chair looking uncomfortable.

The throne room was as huge as I remembered, the only thing that was in it was the throne and a big glass window behind it that let in all the light making whoever sat there look like a god except my dad looked like anything but.

"How has it been living with a devil like him," my father asks, gesturing to Leo.

"Better than it ever was with you," I'm not sure if that's true but it hasn't been horrible.

My father looks taken aback as he looks at me,"He's changed you for the worst Cleo, look at yourself what would your sister think." I muster a glare at him that he doesn't seem to notice. "You need to rethink your decision, how could you trust someone that killed so many people."

"He actually killed for a reason unlike you, I wish you were never my father, you're cruel, insufferable, and stupid. You think you're all powerful because you have magic but what can your magic even do? make roses, make water, make food, I dont get why that makes you so "special" besides I've never seen you use your magic in my life."

"I have used my magic, all of it on something that your boyfriends knows a lot about. Remember that virus that has been going around burning people from the inside out? I created that with my magic to kill off the people of my choosing. I have tried your boyfriend multiple times but it never seems to work on him. He must be immune to it, I tried you and let me just say it seems to be working," I stood there frozen in fear, I was going to die because my father infected me. Maybe he wasn't even telling the truth. How could his magic create some disease so dark?

"Y-ou killed Mom?" I ask weakly.

"Of course I did, she was useless, she gave me children and that was her only use." He looks around me and I assume at my brother's body. "Looks like your the only one in my way of ruling now."

"You're not infected Cleo," I hear Leo's voice say behind me,"He's lying."

I look back at him confused but he quickly reaches his arms out and catches a knife that my father threw at me. I quickly look back at my father who looking a little shocked that Leo had been able to catch that.