Chapter 33

After thirty attempts I finally am able to stand, I walk around the room carefully as I try to hide my limp.

Leo watches my every move as I finally perfect my 'I didn't just fuck someone' walk.

"Cleo! I'm ready to go!" Avila screams from downstairs. I groan as I walk towards the door and open it.

I turn back to Leo offering him a little wave before exiting the room,"Do not waste all your money today." I hear him mumble and I only roll my eyes.

I walk down the stairs as quickly as I can when I catch sight of Avila standing at the front door, her arms crossed over her chest and her foot tapping impatiently.

"What took you so long?" She asks a suspicious look plastered on her face.

"I just needed to...do my hair," I say quickly. I see her eyes trail up to my hair and then back to my face.

"It looks like a rat's nest."

I gasp, putting my hand to my chest in fake hurt," How dare you." She rolls her eyes.

"I'll forget about it for now, but next time I hear you moaning in Leo's room I want an explanation." I look at her in shock but she quickly turns away from me, opening the front door," Let's not waste anymore time." She says her voice now is more teasing than anything.

I walk out after her as I shake my head trying to forget about our interaction. Was I really being that loud?

I have to run to catch up to Avila who is listing off all the stores that she wants to check out. "Can I ask you one thing about your little thing with Leo?" She asks as she pushes her bottom lip out in a pout.

"Fine," I say reluctantly.

She smiles," How big was his di-" I put my hand over her mouth.

"I'm going to stop you there." I say as my cheeks flush red. She glares at me as she removes my hand from her mouth.

"Come on Cleo," She wines.

"Oh look do you want to go check out that store," I say pointing towards a little brick house that has clothes displayed in the windows. There is a sign above the door that reads 'Poppy's life essentials'.

"Oh yes," Avila says as she walks towards the store. I can't help but be a little nervous since I really haven't been anywhere in this village except the coffee shop.

The second I enter the store the smell of apple pie hits me. I breathe in deeply as I look around at the small selection of clothes.

The thing that catches Avila's eye though is the baby clothes, she walks over as she starts to look at different onesies.

She picks up a pink one that has a stuffed bear embroidered on the front," Wouldn't this be adorable." She asks softly as a far way look forms in her eyes.

"Yeah it's super cute," I add nodding my head reassuringly.

"I wish I could know what the baby's gender is, then it would be so much easier to pick out clothes," She says putting the onesie back onto the rack.

"You could go get an ultrasound," I offer but I know that they are too expensive. She shakes her head as she continues to go through the baby clothes occasionally picking out onesies that have neutral colors.

While she does that I pick out an affordable dress before we walk up to the counter. There is an older lady sitting there probably in her late fifties. She smiles at us making light conversation as she puts our stuff into bags.

The rest of the day goes by like this. From store to store we buy clothes and other cute things including jewelry.

Am I bankrupt? Yes.

"Do you want to go to the coffee shop?" I ask as we try to hold all of our shopping bags.

"That would be awesome to actually eat some of the food for once," I laugh as we start walking.

*****

The second we enter the coffee shop the familiar smell hits me. I breathe in deeply as we walk over to the front desk.

A girl that is about my age is sitting there. I have seen her before when I worked here but she doesn't seem like the nicest person.

"How many," She asks, her voice dripping with boredom. The part that really gets on my nerves is that she doesn't even look up at us.

"Two," I say, putting on a fake smile. She looks up briefly before grabbing two menus and basically dragging herself off her chair.

This is ridiculous.

We follow her through the restaurant until she sets our menus down on a table that is sitting right next to three idiots.

And by three idiots I mean Sebastian, Enzo, and Andrew.

"Ay Cleo," Andrew says as he waves at us.

"Hi," I say as I sit down, opening up the menu even though I already know everything on it.

I look back over at Andrew about to say something when I catch Sebastian doing some sort of glaring contest with Avila.

Actually it's more like Avila's glaring and Sebastian's smirking. I hit Avila on the shoulder and her head snaps towards me.

"What are you doing," I whisper, glancing over at Sebastian to see that he has turned back to his friends.

"That guy," Avila pauses for a second as if to calm herself, "He is a fucking idiot."

^0^

^0^

 Yes! They finally are getting some girl time! 

I just posted the introduction to the sequel to Roses Are Red so if you wanted you could go check it out. :)

All your comments and votes are appreciated!