55. The practical

RUHANI'S POV

Mai vahi khadi reh gayi, or vo chalta gaya....

My tears blurred my vision, making it tough for me to watch him leave. I bite my quivering lips, trying my hardest to hold in the sobs which were ready to explode at any moment. I fisted my trembling hands tighter and let out a shaky breath.

And suddenly, it was all too silent to bear; too empty to smile; my chest hurted after holding in my cries for so long. With the last ounce of strength left in me, I turned around and started walking back to the parking area alone. I clenched onto my phone tightly before starting a timer of 20 hour; 18 hours of his flight and extra 2 hours for other formalities.

I wiped my cheeks harshly as I fasten my speed. Right now, I wanted nothing more than hiding myself under the quilt and sleep while hugging my pillow. My loud steps echoed through the walls of the empty parking, as I found both of the cars gone. With crashed brows, I roamed my eyes around the area and thankfully I found bhai standing there, leaning onto his bike.

Upon noticing me, He quickly jogged to me and pulled me into a tight hug. Rubbing my back up and down comfortingly, he swayed me side to side hoping to calm down my crying self. I fisted on his tshisrt tightly and clenched my eyes shut, as even more tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Bas..bacha, Shh...itna kyu roo rahi hai? Jaldi vapis aa jayega tera Jay."

He said softly while brushing my hair. His words only made me let out an even harder sob as I nodded my head vigorously, Ofcourse my jay would be back soon, it's stupid of me to cry like that. Telling that to myself, I finally pulled away from the hug and wiped my cheeks followed by a deep sigh.

Bhai patted my head and gave me his handkerchief, which I used to wipe my running red nose. In response to which, bhai made an 'eww' sound, only to earn a smack on his arm by me. He let out a chuckle before shaking his head as he spoke.

"Bas Bas, itna royegi to, Kal tera practical vala examiner dar jayega Teri suji (swollen) ankhe dekh kar."

I whined slightly but let out a small giggle hearing his words. I cleared my throat and wiped the left over tears from my eyes. He made me wear a helmet and gestured me to get on the bike after getting on it himself. I nodded before sitting myself on his bike.

"Btw, why did you bring the bike?" I asked.

"I just thought, you wouldn't want to go home in the car with mummy papa while crying after seeing Jay off. So, I already came prepared for my crybaby sister."

He replied followed by a chuckle. That's his habit to always add some teasing words to hide how deeply he actually cares about me. I just scoffed at him, matching his energy while he finally started the bike. I closed my eyes and tilted my face upwards to the sky, feeling the cold breeze brushing against my damp cheeks.

Opening my eyes, I saw many airplanes flying somewhere unknown in the infinite sky. Thinking Jay that might be in one of them, a smile made it's way onto my lips, which were still red due to all the crying.

I placed my head on his back and closed my eyes, letting myself relax a little. Bhai shrugged his shoulder, pushing my head off his back with a jerk. I let out a groan and he spoke.

"Don't sleep while we are on the bike."

"I wasn't even sleeping."

I mumbled grumpily and the rest of the ride till our home was silent, the only sound was, of the gushing wind passing by us. Parking the bike at the front gate, he signalled my to get off which I did. The lights were already off indicating my parents have already slept. I was about to go inside but bhai voice stopped me in my steps as he spoke.