68. An inhumane plan

"Vo ishq hi kya jo Rooh ko tabah na karde, Hum haste haste kurban hone ko taiyaar hain.."

RUHANI'S POV

Letting out a sleepy hum, I turned to my side extending my hand to grab a pillow to hug. A frown formed on my half sleeping face when my hands touched something hard, a groan escaped my lips as I moved my hand around to find the pillow. After a few failed attempts, I opened my eyes sitting up annoyed.

"What the..."

Sleep disappeared from my eyes as I opened them wide upon seeing the sight in front of me. Jay was sleeping beside me in a sitting position which looked really uncomfortable for him, looking around the room I noticed that it wasn't mine. That's when I realised my hand was still on his hard abs so I quickly retrieved it back.

My headache was completely gone but there still lingered a fuzziness as I tried to think about what happened that landed us in such a situation. All my jewellery was also placed on the side table neatly, that's when I noticed dirty cotton with some makeup on it. Wait! Did he..? No no Srishti must have taken off my makeup right?

I was brought back from my thoughts on hearing soft groans leaving Jay's lips. Tucking my hair behind my ear, I looked at his expressions keenly. His eyebrows were crunched up as he mumbled some words while slightly shaking his head...nightmare! He was definitely having a nightmare, judging by his expressions it must a really bad one.

Gulping down, I shifted my body closer to his before softly taping on his cheeks to wake him up.

"Jay, wake up..you are dreaming."

He groaned, I could see him forcing himself to wake up from the bad dream. My brows furrowed up as I gazed at him worriedly, my hands went down to intertwine with his as I shook him slightly to wake him up. With a loud gasp he opened his eyes as his body jolted with a sudden jerk.

His grip on my hand tightened, blinking rapidly he looked around at the room trying to make sense of his surroundings. I don't know what took over me but seeing him tensed like this, made me want to take care of him; forgetting about everything else. I wiped the sweat off his forehead by a handkerchief before holding his shoulders as I spoke softly.

"Take deep breathes with me, you are safe Jay. I am here. It was just a dream."

His vulnerable eyes looked into mine, as he followed the rhythm of my breaths. I caressed the back of his palm with my thumb softly, a small smile formed on my lips as I saw his breath getting stable but he still looked disturbed. Rubbing his palm, I asked gently.

"Are you okay? If you want you can share your dream with me."

"I thought...I thought I was back in there, they took me away from you again.."

My eyebrows crashed together as a deep frown formed on my face when he said that. His words sounded jumbled due to his shaky voice. I shifted a little closer and started rubbing his back up and down before speaking.

"Where were you back? Who took you away? What are you talking about Jay?"

He let out a big sigh and asked for water by gesturing with his hand. I nodded and quickly poured him a glass of water which he gulped down in a single go. I looked at him in anticipation, to hear about his dream but before he could speak another word; both of us flinched due to the sudden loud knocking on the door followed by a loud shout of my name.

"Ruhani open the door."

My eyes widen as I recognized the voice. Not wanting to cause any drama, I stood up from the bed in a haste and leaped forward to open the door. Jay also got off the bed, taking a few steps forward. My eyes turned cold at the sight of my parents standing in front of us. As usual, Mr. Abhishek Singhania had a scowl on his face while his wife looked at us worriedly.