Paimon's Day in Town

Paimon grunts in her sleep and grits her teeth as the morning sun rises. A shadow looms over her.

"You can't kill me! I'm-- I'M NEEDED! .̵̧̼͕̤̈.̸̱̳̗̃̓̃̈̍̈.̵̨̝̮͉̹̻̤͍̀̄͐̋̅̄̚͜.̷̛̙͕̐̀̆̔̑̚.̶͓͎̖̜̦̫̙̟̆̿̓̒"

.̸̪̰́̈́̽͛̎̒̑͘͝.̸̫͂͂̈́̔.̷̭͖͇̜̩̝̳͐͐̏̅.̸̬̳͕̺̰̻͙̔͝ͅ.̵̥̠͖̜͈͎̩̟̈́̌.̷̟̼̭͙͒ͅ.̷̛̹͎̯̖̮̟͕͌͐̏͒̔̄͝.̴̙̻̩͈͈͍̥͔̑̌̃̎̈́͠.̴̮͖͉̄̇̀̓̐̊.̶͎͙͓͚̠͊.̶̧͎̞͓͉̖̬͗̏̈́̈́̋͝͝.̷̡̺͔̯͍̟͇̠̓

A feminine chuckle is heard. "I've run out of use for you... .̵̧̼͕̤̈.̸̱̳̗̃̓̃̈̍̈.̵̨̝̮͉̹̻̤͍̀̄͐̋̅̄̚͜.̷̛̙͕̐̀̆̔̑̚.̶͓͎̖̜̦̫̙̟̆̿̓̒" Hehe, you're just... useless."

Paimon shoots up as she puts a hand over her heart. Sweat falls down her head as she tries to get her breath. After a few seconds she notices the shadow over her and she looks up to see her Daedream, Nemuri floating above her.

Nemuri smiles with closed eyes and gives a happy cry.

"Yeah, good morning to you..." Paimon puts a hand on her head. 'What was that dream? It felt so real... Ugh, this world is messing with Paimon's head.'

"Did you sleep well." A voice calls out, making Paimon shriek in panic.

Paimon looks over to see Teina kneels by the fire as they move some logs with a stick. There's the body of a Great Wolf behind them.

"You seemed like you had a nightmare, I wondered if it was because of that Daedream..." Teina mutters the last half.

"Paimon... Paimon just had a weird dream." Paimon informs as she rubs the Great Wolf tooth bracelet on her right wrist. "She doesn't want to talk about it."

"Hmm, okay." Teina pulls out a knife from under her cloak and starts to cut up the Great Wolf.

Paimon looks around the camp and sees the others still asleep. Julian and Demai are cuddling together in their sleep. Rein snores loudly as some drool falls from his mouth.

Nemuri lets out a cry and Paimon turns to her. The beast smiles as it puts a hand on its chin. Paimon chuckles and starts to pet the creature. But then she notices a leather collar, that has a four pointed star on the front, around her neck.

"Nemuri, what's this?" Paimon questions and Nemuri just lets out a happy cry, making Paimon deadpan. "Paimon doesn't understand."

Nemuri floats a few meters away and lets out a cry to Paimon.

"Nemuri, Paimon doesn't speak... Daedream."

Nemuri deadpans and shakes her head while letting out a cry. But then just smiles as she puts a hand on her chin. Nemuri gives a happy cry as it stares at Paimon.

'What does she want Paimon to do?' Paimon questions, and something in her shadow stirs and Paimon's eyes slightly dull as she holds a hand out. "Come to me."

Paimon's eyes return to normal as Nemuri disappears in blue particles, causing her to gasp in shock. Only to gasp in surprise as Nemuir appears in front of her in blue particles.

"Wow!" Paimon shouts. "That's so cool!"

"What just happened?" Teina whispers to herself.

Rein snorts away and shoots up. "I didn't wet the bed!" He blinks a few times and realizes where he is.

Paimon's cheeks puff out, and points as she laughs at Rein. Rein grows a large blush.

"Shut up!" Rein yells.