Paimon Meets a Divine Being

The party is getting ready for bed as moonlight shines in their inn room. Paimon gets her large night shirt on, as Nemuri yawns and sits on Paimon's bed.

"Well, we got one more day before we head off to the Capital." Rein sits on his bed as he starts taking off his boots. "We should see the city sights tomorrow, actually get some rest for once."

Demai takes off her cloak as she stretches. "I agree with that. I think we could use a good rest."

"I agree with that, I heard they have a theater in town." Julian starts as he leans on the wall next to his bed. "I heard the actors are really good."

"Paimon thinks a play sounds good." Paimon floats over to the window and looks out it.

"I wouldn't mind seeing a play." Teina takes her bow and quiver off her back.

Albuis nods and gives a thumbs up.

Paimon looks at the empty streets of Greendale, but something catches her eye. Coming out of an alleyway is Duke Malird Numbred, he's looking up and down the empty street.

"That's odd..." Paimon mutters.

"What is?" Julian looks over to the Fae.

"The Duke's acting kinda suspicious."

"What?" Everyone questions.

Julian walks over to Paimon and she points down to the Duke. "What's he doing in town this late at night. Especially without some guards."

The Duke leaves the alleyway trying to sneak down the street. Varhmiel walks out of the alleyway behind the Duke and calmly follows him.

"I don't like the look of this." Julian mutters as he walks over to his bed and grabs both his swords.

Rein sighs. "We can never catch a break." He tightens the straps on his boots.

Everyone grabs their gear and Paimon puts on her regular clothes.

"If something happens, we'll intervene, until then we need to stay quiet." Julian orders his Party.

"Right." Everyone agrees.

Paimon glances over to Nemuri. "Protect out stuff, just in case."

Nemuri salutes and gives a affirmative cry.

The party swiftly leaves the inn and into the dark and quiet night. They quickly find the Duke and Varhmiel leaving the city through the main gate. The party exits the gate and finds the two guards watching over it, on the ground.

Demai swiftly moves over to the two and puts her fingers on their necks, she sighs in relief. "They're just knocked out."

"Why would the Duke have his guards knocked out?" Julian questions.

"Whatever it is, it has to do with that white haired man." Teina states.

"Be ready for a fight." Julian orders and everyone nods.

They quietly follow after the Duke and Varhmiel. Paimon looks at Albuis in surprise at how quiet someone so big can be. The six follow the two far into the forest and to the bottom of a large cliff.

The Duke and Varhmiel look over the blank cliff.

"Are you sure it's here?" Malrid turns to Varhmiel.

Varhmiel hums in though. "It has to be, this is the only spot that left. Hmmm, maybe..."

Varhmiel holds his hand out to the cliff and a large golden light shoots out from his hand, and into the cliff. A large hole get blown into the cliff and the smoke clears to reveal a cave entrance.