Chapter 3

After everyone finally understood that Jiang Su only made it into the news, the enthusiasm diminished quite a bit.

Only the girl who said, "I know you too," was still lingering around Jiang Su.

"My name is Yu Xinyan, and I've been a trainee for six years already. Pretty useless, right? But that's just how it is. Even after ten years, you might not necessarily debut successfully. I've participated in two small talent shows before, and each time, I was eliminated in the third round. The most talked-about time was when I got involved in a scandal with a contestant from a boy band talent show. It caused quite a stir and got me criticized... Now, I've finally squeezed into the audition for a big show. Do you know it's hosted by the Weiguang Platform? They have a lot of money and power..."

After hearing this, the other girls couldn't help but scoff, "How many times have you said this to how many people? I think you'd be perfect for playing a gossip-loving character in the future."

Yu Xinyan didn't blush; she just whispered, "Everyone who comes here thinks they're about to hit it big, climbing the ladder to success. If I can use my experience to give them a wake-up call and inspire them to make sensible choices, then it's a good thing."

The others just sneered and muttered under their breath.

"What wake-up call? It's almost like scaring off competitors..."

"Does she think everyone is as useless as her, who has not debuted after six years?"

Yu Xinyan seemed not to hear these words, but Jiang Su had trained her ears early on, so she heard them clearly.

Jiang Su looked at her. "Go on."

Yu Xinyan hesitated for a few seconds. Was she still willing to listen? Yu Xinyan bit her lip, composed herself, and then continued speaking while reaching out to help Jiang Su tidy up the bedding.

But Jiang Su's movements were even quicker, and she finished in just a couple of moves.

Yu Xinyan had no choice but to try harder to explain. She talked about how impressive the Weiguang Platform was, how powerful the upcoming programs were, and who would be participating...

To others, these were all unnecessary words.

But for Jiang Su, this was exactly what she needed to understand. The more she knew, the less she would be controlled by others, and the easier it would be to achieve her goals.

Seeing the two of them actually getting "close," the others were speechless for a moment. They turned to their phones and opened their private WeChat group chat.

【By the looks of it, she's very efficient in housework.】

【The conditions at home must be very bad.】

【Not necessarily; I think the quality of the clothes she wears is very good, and her demeanor is different as well.】

【Did you see any LV or Gucci logos on her clothes? There weren't any labels at all. Just Taobao goods. Could it be high-end, custom-made?】

'I used to be classmates with her, and her family did have some money before.'

Wan Yue typed out a whole line in the chat box, but ended up deleting it all.

What's the point of saying it? To make everyone wonder why Jiang Su doesn't remember her old classmate?

Jiang Su didn't have much stuff. After locking everything in the cabinet, she asked Yu Xinyan to take her to the supermarket to buy some necessities.

And then she officially settled in.

For the next month, they would both undergo intensive training arranged by the company. They had to report promptly at 8 a.m. every morning and return to the apartment at 10 p.m.