Chapter 12

After all, with so many people around, Zhao Qiuying didn't want Jiang Su to become a target, so after a brief conversation with Jiang Su, he sat with the other mentors.

Someone asked, "Where's Teacher Dong?"

Dong Jiayu's assistant stepped forward quickly and said, "Teacher Dong suddenly felt unwell. Sister Wang just took her to the hospital."

Zhao Qiuying paused and said, "If she's not feeling well, then she should avoid the recording for later."

The assistant smiled awkwardly and couldn't say anything for a moment.

This was not something she dared to joke about. If she agreed, Dong, the leading actress, would never get a chance to be a guest. Then she, the assistant, would be in big trouble.

Almost no one else understood the meaning of this conversation except Jiang Su, who raised her eyes slightly and looked at Zhao Qiuying with mild surprise.

From the footage playing in her mind, it was evident that this leading actress was actually very popular, with status, fame, and wealth, and had a great personality...

But reality seemed different from the original owner's perspective.

Jiang Su quickly averted her gaze and thoughts, focusing more on the food in front of her.

Mentor Jiang Sheng ordered a roast lamb leg.

Jiang Su ate; the crispy shell and tender meat inside were the best she had ever tasted. She couldn't help licking her lips, imagining the taste of the Autumn Courtyard that Zhao Qiuying had mentioned, which should be even better at cooking beef and lamb...

The mentor-led gathering ended quickly.

The trainees were still a bit reserved, with only a few eating seriously. When Jiang Su walked out, she burped lightly.

Xuan Wen looked up at the sky. "It's getting late."

Then he had the program group's car take the trainees back to the building first. The mentors' cars followed behind, waiting until each one safely returned before leaving.

Zhao Qiuying didn't rush to leave.

The chief director first invited Jiang Su to do a supplementary interview, and he stood at the door silently watching.

"Can you talk about why you participated in this program?" the director asked.

"It was arranged by the company."

The director was naturally dissatisfied with such an answer, so he continued, "Why did you follow the company's arrangement?"

Jiang Su said, "...Money."

The director's eyes lit up. He thought, How straightforward! That will make this interview interesting!

The director smiled and asked, "After getting the money, what do you plan to do? Have you ever thought about how much money you can earn through this program?"

Jiang Su had no concept of such things.

She hesitated for a moment and said, "...Two million?"

This is much easier than being an assassin, so the salary shouldn't be that high.

Jiang Su moved her lips and said, "Well, I can have a few more meals at HaiDiLao and have another meal at Autumn Courtyard. That would be even better."

Zhao Qiuying paused.

She remembered what he said.

Even though she was on the show, she didn't take the initiative to tell him anything about the day she fell into the water... So, was her indifference to avoid causing him trouble?