Chapter 14

"Alright, you get sixty, and I'll take forty." Yan Yucheng straightened up, gradually suppressing his smile. "When I get back, I'll have Director Fang redraft the contract."

Jiang Su nodded satisfactorily, stood up, and pointed to the crack in the table. "Someone has to pay for this..." She frowned. "I'll cover sixty; you cover forty."

They each slammed a fist on the table.

It was quite fair and clear-cut.

Yan Yucheng wanted to laugh even more. "This restaurant belongs to the Yan family... You don't have to pay a dime."

That's good camaraderie.

Jiang Su flashed a polite smile at Yan Yucheng before leaving.

Yan Yucheng stared at her back for a moment, feeling stunned.

She rarely smiles at people. At least, he hadn't seen her smile while watching the show.

People on the Internet describe her as a flower growing at the top of a high mountain, cold and unapproachable yet delicate and melancholic, easily broken by the wind.

So when she does smile, it's especially beautiful and rare.

Yan Yucheng sat there for a while, chuckled softly, then slowly got up and left.

Surprisingly, he was in a good mood.

What happened in the restaurant was immediately reported to the Yan family.

Mrs. Yan stared at her son and asked doubtfully. "Why tell me about such trivial matters?"

The man opposite her stiffened for a moment, then smiled and said, "I just thought it's a bit petty for my cousin to entertain guests in our own restaurant and end up breaking the table... Isn't this also embarrassing for the Yan family? He even invited female artists from the company; I hope my cousin won't mess things up."

Mrs. Yan shook her head. "It's better to use the Yan family's resources openly. Using a restaurant is indeed a bit trivial, but it's still his property. And inviting a few female artists doesn't count as messing things up, does it? If he likes to play around with a few, let him. How many wealthy young men in Beijing don't live like this? The more carefree he is, the less I feel indebted to him."

With that, she turned to find a card game partner, not paying much attention to these trivial matters.

The man opposite her remained speechless for a while.

The first round of performances for "Selection Girls" quickly began.

Dong Jiayu had been staying in the hospital for several days without even catching a glimpse of Cheng Yue's shadow.

Sister Wang looked worried as she accompanied her to the program venue, saying, "I know Mr. Cheng is busy; even if his own mother came, he wouldn't have the time to meet her. But you can't just let it go like this... Do you remember what I told you? Men only value what they have to fight for. If Zhao Qiuying starts paying special attention to you, then Mr. Cheng will immediately come back to his senses..."

Dong Jiayu remained calm. "Hmm, I'll talk more with Zhao Qiuying. I'll make sure Cheng Yue sees it."

On one side, Dong Jiayu entered the studio.

On the other side, Jiang Su sat backstage with her eyes closed, letting the makeup artist work on her. Wan Yue came by two or three times, always hovering around Jiang Su, but couldn't bring herself to speak softly.

Forget it.

Wan Yue gritted her teeth. This time, she ended up in Ding Xuan's group. Ding Xuan and the others chose a standard girl group song, and the dance was almost ready.