Chapter 30

The 'Selection Girls' finale night has garnered unprecedented attention, surpassing the combined popularity of all talent shows from last year. Even the program team, who initially had some dissatisfaction, has remained silent now.

"Online criticism is just criticism. It's not our fault that Dong Jiayu messed up," someone from the staff remarked.

"Who hasn't been criticized in this industry? Look at it now; even those who don't usually watch talent shows can't help but come to see the final results..."

"Hey, aren't they just waiting to see if our program team will screw over Jiang Su and the others?"

With this statement, everyone couldn't help but fall silent for a moment before the voices resumed.

"Who dares to mess with her?"

"She's joining a one-year limited group, and our platform will also get a share... If we ruin such a big money-making tree, the platform's CEO might strangle us to death."

"Teacher Jiang Sheng and the program team mentioned a few times that they plan to cultivate her to release an album... Teacher Jiang's reputation is also at stake."

"Zhao Qiuying's attitude... is quite special."

"But don't you think Dong Jiayu is quite strange?" The female producer interjected.

"Huh? What does she have to do with Jiang Su?"

"Dong Jiayu and Jiang Su... seemed to have known each other before; at least, Dong Jiayu knows Jiang Su from her side and even dislikes Jiang Su. We are very clear that Dong Jiayu was not influenced by our program team. Then why is she doing this? Is it really for Ding Xuan? Are you guys really that naive or just pretending not to see through this little trick?"

Once again, everyone fell silent.

After a while, someone spoke up again: "Well... that's troublesome. If Dong Jiayu and Jiang Su are pulling at each other, then the ones who would end up in trouble are the program team."

The cheerful atmosphere on this side vanished.

On the other side, someone entered and knocked on the door.

They turned their heads to find the platform's big boss.

With a gentle smile on his face, the big boss inquired about the recent situation of the program.

"Oh, it's very popular," they replied, and the big boss boldly made another call to Cheng Yue's side.

The Cheng family's business was huge, with industries such as biomedicine and technology. People only saw the glamour and easy money in the entertainment industry, but they didn't realize that compared to the Cheng family's main industries, film and television production were just a drop in the bucket.

Cheng's income from laboratory patents alone was uncountable.

And Weiguang Platform was the only industry under the Cheng family that was related to the entertainment industry. It actually started relatively late, but it quickly gained momentum because it was backed by Cheng's big name.

However, Weiguang's financial reports still weren't enough to personally receive Cheng Yue's rewards.

So, in fact, he rarely met Cheng Yue in a year. It was only now, seeing the platform's popularity rise again, that he dared to think about inviting Cheng Yue.

Not many people knew Cheng Yue's preferences, so he could only think of one way—sending women!

With a stage full of beautiful girls, there should be at least one that Mr. Cheng likes, right?