Chapter 40

The program crew's car arrived at the scene quickly.

Wang Ji and others were dazed, only then realizing that something serious had happened and that there was nothing enjoyable about the commotion.

At this point, all the cameras were cut off, and the emergency feed was switched to the director.

He held the microphone, his face pale and sweating profusely. "I'm very sorry; due to an unexpected accident, the program will be suspended, and the replay time will be notified later. Everyone doesn't need to worry too much; all the guests are currently safe. Thanks to the police for arriving on time..."

The director spoke a bunch of official words, first soothing everyone, then had the live broadcast completely stopped.

Following this, the guests' agents and assistants were contacted, and assistants were sent to contact the hospital just in case any guests were frightened...

With this set of procedures completed, the police had already captured the suspects.

Turning back, the director found that the staff had skillfully calmed down the guests, except for Jiang Su, who had no staff around her.

Because in front of her were the police.

"Oh my god..." the director murmured with a sigh, then nervously approached.

"Are you here to participate in the program?"

"Yes." Jiang Su stood in front of the police, her hair sticking to her cheeks due to being soaked and her makeup slightly smudged. The stunning appearance of the thirty-year-old woman was blurred, replaced by a more obedient look.

"Just now, were you the one who helped capture the two suspects?"

"Yes."

Upon hearing this, the director thought, This is unexpected, isn't it?

Not to mention, even I can't imagine seeing Miss Jiang like this now, even though I just saw it with my own eyes on the camera monitor!

The female police officer was responsible for recording Jiang Su's statement, but she couldn't help but soften her attitude when she looked at her appearance.

But when she remembered Jiang Su's "achievements" just now, her attitude became somewhat conflicted again.

"Do you know Mr. Yan?" The female police officer took a cup of warm water from her colleague and handed it to Jiang Su.

"No, I don't." Jiang Su paused. "But he knows me. We exchanged a few words this morning."

In just a moment, the other guests also gathered around.

They were isolated about a meter away, each with a frown: "Is everything okay? Why are they still questioning Jiang Su?"

Yu Xinyan was also very worried: "Wasn't it arranged by the program just now? Or did a real fight break out?"

The female police officer continued to ask, "How did you notice that the janitor was acting suspiciously?"

Jiang Su finally turned her head to look in Yan Li's direction.

Yan Li was asked onto the car and was quietly conversing with the police, presumably also giving a statement.

Jiang Su calmly replied, "Most people working as janitors are ordinary folks. And this Mr. Yan looked very wealthy at first glance—untouchable, especially with several tall bodyguards by his side. Just moments ago, someone around him was robbed and injured; blood was everywhere, and the police were called. This is precisely the moment ordinary people fear the most, and yet, in such a scene, why would a janitor be rushing around so urgently, so 'dedicated' with a water hose?"