ENDING I- AARON

(Y/n) waited in her room for Aaron with bated breaths, tapping her foot rhythmically against the wooden floor with her eyes on the door. Any second now, Aaron would enter. And any second now, she'd finally be free.

She'd been waiting for this moment all day since their conversation this morning. Planning and scheming all day to try and figure out how she'd escape from Aaron as well, and where she'd go from there. She'd probably go back home to her mother, ask to change schools if that was possible.

(Y/n) knew she shouldn't get too excited too soon, that it was too early for her to think about all the things she'd do once out of this hellhole. But she couldn't help it.

She needed something to look forward to, for her to gather the last of her strengths and make it out.

(Y/n) exhaled shakily, and just then, the door flew open.

"Let's go." Aaron gestured for her to stand up and follow him, dark eyes surveying the corridors to make sure Adam wasn't lurking anywhere nearby. Though, Aaron doubted Adam would be awake any time soon considering the generous dosage of sleeping pills he had put in his diner.

(Y/n) stood up and Aaron grabbed her hand, interlacing their fingers. (Y/n) followed after him, the both of them slowly padding their way down the stairs and through the house. A deafening silence reigned in through the halls, the world holding its breath for their escape. Until they arrived in front of the entrance and Aaron twisted the key in the lock, opening the door.

(Y/n) felt like crying as they stepped outside and the fresh air grazed her cheeks. The both of them were greeted by a quiet and deserted neighbourhood.

For a moment, (Y/n) wondered if they had stepped out of time, the moon casting an eerie silver glow over the two of them and their surroundings. (Y/n) couldn't remember the last time she had set foot outside to feel the moon or the sun on her skin. She couldn't remember the last time she had tasted the wind on her tongue or smelled the late night breeze.

It felt like years ago.

And maybe, another time, she'll take the time to savour it fully, to bathe in the world's treasures. But now she had other priorities. To make it as far away from this house, and far away from Aaron too.

Aaron tugged on (Y/n)'s hand, gesturing for her to keep going. "The car's over there. We need to hurry."

(Y/n)'s eyes followed Aaron's hand that pointed at a black car a few feet away from them.

Fuck.

Of course, (Y/n) had no intention of climbing in the car, or going anywhere else with Aaron. But it's not like she could say this to his face. So instead of complying and following him towards the engine, she kicked him in hard in the shin, where she knew it would hurt.

Aaron choked out a pained gasp, momentarily letting go of (Y/n)'s hand in his surprise. (Y/n) took this as her opportunity to run.

Don't look back. Don't look back. Don't look back-

(Y/n) should have known things rarely went her way, though. She should have known that the universe wasn't quite done with her just yet. For the moment she made to run, Aaron tackled her to the ground.

"Let me go!" (Y/n) shouted before a breathless gasp fell from her lips, the air knocked out of her lungs from the impact of her back against the hard ground. "Get off!"

Aaron stood above her, eyes dark and features hard as he held her down and straddled her. "Oh no, I'm not moving and you're not going anywhere. We had a deal, (Y/n)."

(Y/n) tried to scream and kick, get someone else's attention, but in the deserted streets, no one was here to hear her pleas. She didn't care about Aaron's reprimands or about whatever deal he thought they'd had. There was no way she was going to go along with him.