Chapter 8: Let's Talk For Real This Time!

[Isla's POV]

Abductors? Ah, well, I suppose he's not entirely mistaken.

Thaijou:
C'mon Bud! If it weren't for us, you'd still be wandering around in that dangerous forest!

Lee:
I reckon I could manage, but thanks for the assist anyway. Sooo... by the way y'all were so eager to have me here just to teach me your lingo, I'm guessing my non-local vibe wasn't exactly subtle, huh?

Hm, quite astute, isn't he?

Thaijou:
You betcha! Now, how about we sit down to talk and not try to kill each other this time?

Lee:
Ah right, sorry about that. I was half-expecting you to blow a whole in me.

Isla:
No need to be sorry, it was I who raised my hand without warning.

Polite as well. I do believe I'll find favour in this young lad for a good while. 

The three of us settled into our seats, momentarily endeavouring to set aside the little mess that had come to be from our earlier skirmish.

Isla:
Now, permit us to introduce ourselves. I am Isla Thorn, known by various titles. I serve as the Administrator for the Grand Library, as a Royal Advisor, and occasionally fulfill the role of part-time regent since our royal family is away.

Thaijou:
The name's Thaijou Rouges! I'm the General of our army and the white haired ice guy from earlier was Riece Coldwart, my lieutenant.

Lee:
A General, a lieutenant and a triple title holder...Wow. three big shots right off the bat, ay?

Thaijou:
You can see it that way. What about you, kid? We know your name's Lee, but what roles did you have in your world?

THIS IDIOT! DON'T JUST CASUALLY DROP THE FACT HE'S NOT IN HIS WORLD!

Lee:
I was just a regular student where I'm from.

Um.......

Thaijou:
A regular student!? Ain't no-

Isla:
Just a moment, Thaijou! Lee, was it? I have a question if I may.

Lee:
is this about how I totally missed the memo when the General was all curious about my 'world'? 

Remarkable indeed! I alluded to his astuteness earlier, but this surpasses even my expectations!

Isla:
So you know?

Thaijou:
Hm? Know what?

Lee:
The fact that I'm no longer in my world. I was going to mention it earlier, but I didn't think you'd believe me if I told you I'm from a whole other planet or dimension. Though it seems like y'all knew beforehand.

Thaijou:
WHAT!?

Isla:
Thaijou, I kindly request that you maintain your silence for the time being. Additionally, may I inquire as to how you became aware of this?

Thaijou(Lips sealed):
MM!MM!MMMM!MMMMMM!!!!!!MMM!M!

Lee:
I had to fight off a nest of fire-breathing black snakes, some moss-covered monster frog and then watch that monster frog get the impaling treatment by the lieutenant. Not to mention my own powers.

Isla:
Ah. How foolish of me to have overlooked that. I take it that your world doesn't have such creatures or magic?

Lee:
It does if you manage to get drunk enough.

Isla:
Hahaha! Absolutely! Even the denizens of our realm tend to ascend to loftier planes when under the influence of intoxicants.

Lee:
Unsurprising I guess. Alcohol dominates no matter what world you go to.