14 • Came To My Senses

After hearing my approval, he smiled a little, looking down between us he took my hand in his, locking our fingers together. "Then let me take you somewhere." He whispered again, keeping his tone very quiet even in these caves. My eyebrows are slightly furrowed in question, "To where?" I ask, my thumb lightly brushing over the back of his hand.

He scoffs quietly, shaking his head. "Don't worry," he says. "I'll keep you safe." He steps back, still holding my hand tightly. He nudged his head to the hallway, signalling for me to come with him and I nod my head, my feet already moving before I did so.

Our footsteps make no noise as he effortlessly guides me out of the larger corridors and into a thin stoney entrance, not even wide enough for two people to walk side by side. I carefully hold the torch, making sure to not drop it or put it out.

"What is this?" I ask, he turns his head, "How do you think I stole that egg?" He responds, smirking. My stomach sinks and only for a moment does my consciousness warn me, that this is Daemon Targaryen. The second son, the younger brother, the exiled, he's dangerous and I'm letting him guide me through secret passages used to allow illegal actions take place.

My fingers falter, loosening my grip on his and he looks back for a second, eyebrows creased as he takes in my expression. "What is it?" He asks, still walking, and so am I. I shake my head, "Why are you really here, Daemon?" I ask.

"Riñītos," he says with an exasperated laugh. "I am here because of you, for you." Light appears at the end of the thin hall. "I don't believe you. I hear you do so many untrustworthy things to your family, what makes me different?"

"I can't explain it." He says, his voice is a little colder now in frustration. I furrow my brows, shaking my head. I pull my hand from his grip, freezing in my tracks. He turns around, facing me fully, an eager expression resting upon his features. "We have to go now, Fraenairys..." His desperate voice crawls under my skin.

A shiver runs down my spine and I shake my head, pushing away the soothing sound of his voice. "If I go with you, I will have no chance at living a normal life here." I say, putting my foot down on the decision, coming to my senses. His eyebrows crease and his deep violet eyes sink and silently beg and plead for me to stay, but nothing could make me do so.

*Oh yeah did I mention this was a slow burn? 😉*

I take my first step back, then more, and he watches. No matter how much my heart tried to convince me to go with him, my mind told me no. Who was I trying to prove myself to? It damn well wasn't that man, The Hand, and it most definitely was not his daughter either.

I want the people of Westeros, and all over the world, to know who I am. I am not a bastard from the North to be played with and manipulated, I am the daughter of Rhaenys Velaryon, wife of the Sea Snake, Lady of Drift Mark and rider of Meleys and my path cannot be broken.

563 w/c | ik this is a very short chapter sorry!