Chapter 13

A/N:

As always, let me know if you want to see anything specific, and if you have any questions, comments or concerns.

Present Day

Serena groaned in annoyance and rolled her eyes (though they couldn't be seen behind her aviator sunglasses) as she paced outside of Sam's car, waiting for her aunt to show up. They were on a back road near Fort Meade that only a few people knew about due to how secluded it was.

"She looks mad." Sam remarked from the driver's seat.

"She's not mad...she's frustrated." Steve said with a sigh from the backseat.

"I get that...for a girl whose world is literally lighting up in flames around her, she's taking it well." Sam said with a nod.

"She doesn't express her feelings that well. She has trust issues." Steve explained. "Hence why she's slightly closed off."

"Not to you." Natasha smirked.

"That's not true." Steve immediately replied. "She's like that with Hill as well."

"She and Hill have been friends since they were kids. You've only known her for less than half a year." Natasha explained. "You like her, and she likes you."

Steve groaned in annoyance. "I'm not doing this with you right now."

"Suit yourself." She replied before poking her head out the window. "How long?"

Serena turned and shrugged. "She likes to make an entrance."

"So...does that mean 10 minutes or 10 hours?" Sam asked.

Serena was about to snap at San until she saw a black Lexus pull up.

Serena gestured for Natasha, and Steve to get out of the car, and they did...Sam did as well.

"So, who is this lady?" Sam asked.

Serena sighed. "My aunt."

Steve cautiously eyed the woman who stepped out of the Lexus across from them. She was tall, like Serena in height, with dark hair (darker than Serena's and her mother's) with a purple streak running through it, she wore a black turtleneck sweater that was visible through her maroon trench coat along with black pants and heeled boots. Steve frowned. This woman didn't look like Serena at all.

Serena walked closer to the woman.

"So...you're kidnapped." Val said to Serena.

"You really believed that?" Serena asked her aunt in disbelief.

"No." Val shrugged before smirking. "I taught you better than that."

"That you did." Serena explained.

Val gestured to Sam, Natasha, and Steve. "Are you going to introduce me to these...hooligans?"

"They're not hooligans." Serena groaned.

"Yeah...we're not." Sam began.

"Did I ask you?" Val said in annoyance making Sam shut right up.

Val walked toward Sam and extended a hand, who shook it.

"Valentina Allegra de Fontaine...actually it's Contessa Valentina Allegra de Fontaine. I know it's hard, but I don't like to repeat myself, so you can just call me Val. But don't call me Val, just keep it in your head." She explained making Sam frown in confusion.

Serena rolled her eyes as she watched her aunt turn around to face her.

"You look thin." Val said eyeing her.