Chapter 17

2 Months Later

Location: Monte Carlo, Monaco

"Sometimes I think my job is easy because I look at what I was doing before, and I think to myself 'oh this is so easy, I'm not getting shot at anymore', but then I look at how today is going...and I think, 'maybe getting shot at was easier'." Serena explained to Maria as they swiped their Paddock Passes to enter the Monaco Grand Prix.

The two were currently in Monaco, with Serena's mother and aunt to watch the Monaco Grand Prix, which was an annual tradition within Serena's family, due to the large investments her mother's family has within Formula 1.

"Do you miss being shot at that much?" Maria asked in disbelief.

She shrugged. "Sometimes...I miss the thrill. But, deep down, I'm glad I'm taking a break, gives me some time to relax."

"I'm sure." Maria smirked.

Serena frowned.

'Here we go again.' She thought to herself.

"Stop." Serena ordered.

Maria put her hands up in defeat, but the smirk never left her face. Since Steve and Serena confirmed their relationship to each other, and since Serena basically told the entire world that she was in a relationship with Steve, Maria has been pressuring Serena into spilling the details of their relationship. Serena however, being the quiet-lipped person she was, didn't budge at all.

"I'm not doing anything, but I need to know, how is it?" Maria asked leaning forward.

Serena frowned. "How's what?"

"The sex?"

Serena's frown deepened. "What did I just say?"

"Natasha is curious." Maria explained.

Serena closed her eyes in frustration. "I'm not telling you anything."

"Is it good?" Maria continued. "Is it bad? Is it indifferent?"

Serena let out a sigh. In the back of her mind, she knew this was going to happen, and in the long run she was happy that it was happening with confidentiality, as she knew Maria wouldn't tell Natasha...that was just an excuse to make Serena spill.

Serena would never talk about what happened with her and Steve behind closed doors. But she did remark to herself that when they did have sex...Serena found herself having difficulty walking the next day.

In other words, sex with Steve was incredible.

But she'd never tell Maria.

"Maria." Serena began.

"Serena." Maria said in the same tone.

"Enough." Serena explained crossing her arms.

Maria rolled her eyes, making Serena let out a small laugh as they walked past the various hospitality areas of the different teams. Serena loved Monaco this time of year, as it wasn't too hot or too cold. She adjusted her small white bag over her shoulder, and flipped her hair so that it cascaded down her back. Because of how important her family was within Formula 1, or more so, her mother's family, Serena had to look presentable at the races, especially for the cameras. So, the fact that she was there (especially after what happened in D.C. only two months prior), and the fact that she looked exceptional in her navy sleeveless shirt, white high-waisted long pants, and white sandals, the cameras were 100% going to be on her. As they turned down the paddock, and started to walk past the garages, Serena smirked behind her sunglasses as she pointed to the Stark Industries garage.