𝙺𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚎'𝚜 𝙳𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚛

Toby looked at Y/N with tension-filled eyes. An awful gut feeling started to rise in his stomach. He has been alone for the past ten years, unknowing that there was someone willing to give this serial killer a chance. But maybe there was.

"I will give you one chance, but the second that you get caught by the police, I was just someone who was held hostage." Y/N crossed her arms while her other hand played with the drawstring on the old hoodie.

Toby saw nothing wrong with this. He's avoided the cops ever since he was eighteen, and he's done a damn good job at it too. He knew that if he ever got caught, Slenderman, the Operator, would get him out of the situation, just like when he set his own house on fire.

"Deal," Toby agreed, knowing that there was no way for this to go wrong. Y/N nodded with a deep breath, thinking about everything that happened to get her to this moment—this terrible, terrible moment.

Toby exhaled and went back to the fridge. There was still nothing inside of it, but he found it a good excuse for what he was about to say next.

"H-How about we go out for breakfast?" Toby raised an eyebrow, and his head turned back to Y/N. Y/N shrugged, feeling indifferent. She also had no appetite for food, even if she was hungry.

Toby smiled and went to go get his things. Y/N watched him go into the back room before she sat on the couch. She looked at her feet, realizing that she didn't have socks or shoes, mainly because she was abducted from her home in a vulnerable state.

"Hey, Toby?" Y/N called out from the living room.

"Yeah?" Toby answered.

"I need socks and shoes since you burned down all of the stuff I own," Y/n said in the most passive-aggressive manner. Toby chuckled from the other room, and after a minute, he brought out some socks and old converse.

The converse were easily five years old, maybe more. One of them had a different shoelace than the other, and they both had duct tape around them. Y/N gave Toby an annoyed look as he held out the monstrosities.

"What? They were the only small shoes I had." Toby rolled his eyes. "I can buy you some new stuff after we eat."

Y/N begrudgingly accepted the new shoes, but the idea of him buying her things is something she could get behind. If she was going to be stuck here, she was going to make his pockets hurt.

She took the socks, which thankfully were a new pair, and put them on. The converse were still a little big on her, but they were doable. She stood up, and Toby muttered a laugh under his breath.

"What are you laughing at?" Y/N furrowed her eye brows.

"You look... homeless," Toby said, trying to keep a straight face.

"No shit? I am homeless." Y/N's eyebrows knitted together, and she nudged him in the arm.

"Nuh-uh, you're living with me; you were homeless for five seconds," he protested, nudging her in the arm in return. Toby opened the front door to the cabin, and he checked his pockets to make sure he had everything. His neck popped to the side in a tic.

Y/N scoffed and stepped out. A cold breeze blew through the pair as they made their way to the car. Y/N got into the driver's side, and a hint of relief was found in her expression. Thankfully, the car was still in one piece. It was one of the few things that she still had from the fire.

The faint smell of smoke still lingered in the car, making Y/N sigh in disappointment. Toby sat on the passenger side and clicked on his seat belt.

"I know a good place to eat, somewhere I haven't been in a while." Toby said as Y/N started the car.