ႺჁმviႶყა

Day Two.

Y/N woke up from a late nap. She looked over at the clock. 3 A.M. Toby was fast asleep next to her, laying on his stomach and sprawled out like a star. Y/N smiled at the sight, tucking some of Toby's hair away from his face. He snored and shifted in his sleep.

Y/N laid on her back, feeling a dull pain form in her lower stomach region. She closed her eyes, her hand moving to cover the hurting area out of instinct. Then something in her mind clicked.

Cravings.

Y/N glanced at Toby before sitting up and immediately going to the kitchen. She rumaged through the fridge and cupboards, trying to find something that would fill the craving void. Then she spotted it. A box of Mac & Cheese was sitting at the top of the cabinet—the only place she couldn't reach.

She reached an arm up in a desperate attempt to grab it, but of course, it didn't work. She felt herself tear up over the Mac & Cheese as she stared at it with a sense of longing. She bit her lip, feeling stupid for crying over such a thing, but she couldn't help it.

Y/N reached her arm up again for the box, but this time a different hand grabbed it. Toby took the box down from the cupboard and handed it to Y/N.

"It's th-three in the morning..." Toby said, rubbing his eye with his hand as he looked at Y/N. He noticed that her eyes were glazed over, and he became slightly worried. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"I really want Mac & Cheese..." Y/N sobbed, opening the box and grabbing one of the small pots from the cabinet. Toby's eyes widened at her emotional yearning for Mac & Cheese.

"Okay, then we can make Mac & Cheese," Toby said softly, gently taking the pot from her hand and filling it with some water to boil. Y/N's lips pursed together as she held back her tears. Y/N wiped her face with her hand, watching as the food was slowly being made.

Toby awkwardly slid one arm around Y/N's waist, tracing circles on her hip with his thumb. As we all know, Toby isn't the best at comforting people. As the water simmered, a thick silence started to overwhelm the atmosphere. Toby's eyes we're drawn back to Y/N's, who was still emotional with tears; his eyes traveled a little lower, to where Y/N's stomach was becoming rounder.

Toby immediately felt bad when he thought of this. What the hell is wrong with you? That's not a nice thing to think about. Y/N isn't... round. Ugh! Why would you think that! You're already a terrible boyfriend, and you're going to be a terrible almost-father.

Toby was snapped out of his thoughts by the clatter of macaroni noodles being poured into the pot. Toby blinked, a tic causing him to whistle and shrug his shoulders. Toby rubbed the bridge of his nose and went to the fridge to get a drink.

"What do you want to drink with your Mac & Cheese?" Toby asked, opening the fridge door and bending down to look inside.

"An apple juice..." Y/N sniffled, her voice wavering as she spoke. Toby searched the fridge for any potential apple juice, but he didn't find anything. He bit his lip, not wanting to have to tell her the heartbreaking news.

"There's no, uh, there is no apple juice," Toby said, closing the fridge slightly. Y/N let out a slight sob before walking over to the fridge to search for herself. Toby backed off, letting her look for it while he went to tend to the noodles.

"Toby, it's right here," Y/N said, his shoulders slumping a bit as she took a juice box from the fridge. Toby made an 'ohh...' expression as he stirred the pot.

She poked the small straw into the box and took a drink. It was ridiculous that Toby couldn't find the juice box because he didn't remember getting them for the store, and he would have seen them if they were in the fridge. Toby disregarded the thought and strained the water from the noodles.

After stirring in the cheese packet, the "meal" was done. Y/N scooped out a large portion of the noodles, and Toby took what was left over. It was almost 4 a.m. by now, and they ate on the couch.

Y/N was snuggled up with a bunch of pillows and blankets, eating her macaroni, and drinking her juice box. After a few bites, Y/N fell asleep on the couch with her bowl in her lap. Toby smiled at the sight, and he took care of their bowls. As she slept, Toby picked her up, carrying her back to bed.

Surely it couldn't get much harder than this.