⦻ᴛʜᴇ sʟᴇɴᴅᴇʀᴍᴀɴ's ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴ⦻

Toby scooted the bits and pieces of jewelry away from him as he looked at his work. He was able to pluck a bunch of gems from all of the bracelets and necklaces and turn them into something better.

He manipulated the chains and stones into a new necklace. The links of the chain were thin and silvery. The jewels were used to make a diamond proxy symbol, and the diamonds from Brad's engagement rings were centered in the middle.

Toby put the necklace into a tiny box and looked out one of the windows in the shed. It was still light out, which meant he didn't focus on the project for too long. He slipped the box up his sleeve and went back towards the cabin.

Y/N's eyes were pinned to the box that rested on the counter. Her stomach fell, and she stood up, taking the box in hand. A pregnancy test. Who put this here? She surely didn't remember buying it. Did Toby put it there?

Her train of thought started to run off track as she examined the box.

Something wasn't right.

The box said to take the test three weeks after sex. Y/N peeked out the doorway of the bathroom before closing the door. Opening the box, she took out the test. Her paranoia was getting the best of her. Maybe it will tell her why she keeps getting sick with the black goop when she drinks liquids.

After she took the test, she set it on the counter. The minutes seemed like hours, and she didn't dare look at it while she waited for the results. She was probably being irrational. This has to be some sort of joke. Toby probably set it out just to poke at her buttons and give her a scare.

The five minutes were over. Y/N's heart pounded in her chest, and she took the test. On the count of three, she looked down at it. Negative.

She quickly let out a sigh of relief and closed her eyes. She slumped back against the wall, finally releasing the breath she had been holding. Sleeping with a murderer was one thing, but the thought of having kids was...

Actually.

The thought of having kids with Toby... NO, NO, don't think of that. That's not something she should fantasize about. Especially after she just met him, but... Brad never wanted kids. Brad hated kids. Does Toby hate kids? Surely he does, right? He's a murderer for some creature unknown. And he's sterile. So there's no way that she could ever get pregnant.

Y/N looked back down at the pregnancy test to see the word negative melt on the small screen of the test. Her heart dropped, and she held it closer to her face. The little screen on the test went black. She tried to rub away the gunk, but it wouldn't budge. A red word started to bleed through the black screen.

P⦻SITIVE

Y/N's face drained of color as she looked at the test with trembling hands. She nearly dropped it to the floor. WHAT THE HELL? She felt a rush of sickness in her throat, and she hunched over the toilet. She vomited up everything in in her gut, including the remaining black goop in her stomach.

Tears of confusion streamed down her face, and she clenched the test in her hand. This answered nothing. If anything, it made everything so much worse. Y/N sat on the floor, crying as she stared at the damned object in her grasp.

Toby opened the door of the cabin, peeking inside. He didn't see Y/N inside, so he shut the door with a smile. He couldn't wait to give her this gift. He suspected that it'd been at least a few hours since he'd seen her. Toby as sure that the gift would make up for his long absence.

Toby looked around the room, and a hint of worry crept into his mind. She wasn't in the living room or the kitchen, where he expected her to be, since she said she was moving some stuff around. He did notice the work that she has put into the cabin's interior so far, and it's looked good, but that wasn't the task at hand.

Toby listened to the quiet of the cabin, and he could hear a faint, muffled cry. Immediately, he went to the sound, which led him to the bathroom door. He forgot to knock, and instead he cracked the door open slightly. He saw Y/N on the bathroom floor, sobbing, and quickly opened the door fully.

"Y/N, what happened?" He said in a concerned tone as he crouched and sat next to her. This definitely isn't what he expected to see when he walked in. He tucked the box near his side, away from her view.

"I don't know what's happening to me," she cried. Y/N could barely get any words out without them sounding croaky or a bunch of strained gibberish. She wiped her eyes with the back of her wrist. The pregnancy test in her hand still had the alarming positive etched into the result screen.

Toby's eyes nearly popped out of their sockets as he saw the test. Toby gently tilted Y/N's hand so he could read what it said. Dread and confusion shook him to his core. Toby looked up at Y/N, trying not to let his panic speak through his words.

"Where did you get this?" Toby asked, tucking some of the fallen strands of Y/N's hair behind her ear. She shook her head.

"I came in here because I was going to get sick, then I saw it on the counter," she gestured to the counter near the sink. Toby looked back at Y/N.

"I didn't put that there," Toby stated. He didn't want to make her feel any worse than she already did, so he decided to keep his mouth shut. Toby pulled her into his arms, trying to give her some comfort in the scary situation.

"It doesn't make any sense. It's not like you could have gotten me pregnant, and I haven't done anything like that with Brad for months." Y/N's breath stuttered as she spoke, squeezing her tightly. Toby squeezed her tightly, but not suffocatingly tight.

She was right.

There was no way that she could be pregnant because of him or Brad. Maybe it was just an incorrect test? He saw the proxy symbol that was part of the "O" in "positive," and he couldn't help but feel terrified. It seemed like Y/N felt the same because, at his words, she let out another sob. His nerves twisted into a ball of anxiety in his stomach as he thought of all the worst-case scenarios. There was one scenario that, in the back of his mind, seemed to linger there—what if Slenderman had something to do with this?