12. Nico's Voice

Tyler's POV

"Tyler are you hearing me?" Bella asked trying to hold back the tears in her eyes.

I wasn't ready to say this. I won't ever be ready to say this. But, I can't just be friends. It's not a friendship if all I want to do is hold her and kiss her and tell her that I love her.

OH.SHIT.

I just admitted to myself that I love her. Now I have to end it. If she can't be with me, I can't love her.

"I guess nothing. As much as I hate it...nothing. I can't just be friends." I said not caring about the tears falling down my face.

I spoke before I could think and instantly regretted it.She said she was going to leave. That's exactly what she did. She turned and walked toward the door. When she got there she turned toward me one last time.

"I said I needed a friend. If you cared the way you say you did...you'd be there for me. You're just like everyone else" she continued to hide the tears from me.

My heart was actually aching. My chest felt like a ton of bricks. My throat burned and my stomach was in knots. I was lost in my own head.

When she stepped out I heard her begin to sob.

"TYLER WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO TO MY BEST FRIEND" a voice screamed.

Oh no...it's Brielle. But, she never came in...Jamie did. He screamed something very similar to Brielle.

I just starred through my blurry vision. I sat on the floor and curled into a ball.

"I'm going to drive them home" was all Jamie said to me. I knew he was mad, but I didn't care. I was too hurt to think about anyone or anything.

I just stayed there starring at the wall as my body shook uncontrollably.

--------------------------------------------

Bella's POV

It's 3AM and I'm just rolling in my bed.

I can't believe he chose nothing. He really doesn't care about me.

I need to talk to someone or I'll go crazy. What I really need is to be in his arms. I mentally slapped myself. Being in his arms requires a relationship and that's not what I need.

I pick up my phone debating whether or not to call Nico. I needed to hear my brothers voice. It's 3 AM and I don't want to wake him.

All of a sudden my phone lights up and begins to vibrate. Nico's name popped up on the screen.

I calm myself down before answering.

Bold=Bella italics=Nico  

Nico?

Hey! Bells are you okay? I can't sleep and nothing's bothering me. Is something bothering you?

It's incredible how we can feel each other's emotions.

Yes. Yes everything is bothering me. Everything is wrong.

What? Why? What's wrong?

Michael is still fucking up my life. I finally met someone who cares about me. Who doesn't ever want to hurt me. But, I can't actually tell him I care about him. He wants a relationship. And you know I can't do that. I'm over Michael, but I'm not over what he did to me. I told Tyler that it's a friendship or nothing and he chose nothing.

I began hysterical crying.

Bella calm down. You're ranting and talking to fast. Breathe.

There was silence and then he began to speak again.

So this guy's name is Tyler? And Tyler chose nothing. I can't tell you how Tyler feels because I don't know him. But, I know you more than you know yourself. You don't want Tyler, but you need him. If he cares about you and you know he won't hurt you...you need him. You need someone to make you happy again. I miss seeing my sister happy.

But, if he really cared about me he wouldn't have said no to a friendship. He knows I need trust.

Well you denying him was probably too much for him to handle. Maybe he just said something he doesn't mean. I don't know this Tyler guy, but I'm thinking it's time for you to face your fears.

What if he hurts me? I can't be hurt again.

It doesn't seem like he will hurt you. If he were to hurt you, I'd hurt him. And you know that I'll always be there to pick you back up. Bell you can't live your life scared because of Michael.

He was right. I needed to give Tyler the chance. But, Tyler isn't going to want to deal with me anymore. It's not fair to him.

O-okay. I guess. I'll think about it. I'm sorry for keeping you up. I love you Neeks.

I love you too Bells. Get back to sleep. I can't sleep unless I feel that you're sleeping. Call me if you need me. Goodnight.

I will. I don't understand how you manage to make me feel better. Goodnight!

I laid in bed thinking of what Nico said to me. I really should at least try. But, it's not going to work. I don't know why I feel like that. I need to focus on  New York.

I close my eyes and try to sleep. I feel guilty that I'm keeping my brother up. It amazes me that we can sense when something's wrong with each other.

I guess I'll have to think about all of this tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So this chapter is pretty short. But, I wanted to Add in Tyler's feelings and I wanted to show how close Bella and Nico are.

Bella's mind is starting to change! But, what about Tyler??