Chapter 3 : Symptom

Disclaimer : I do not own KnB.

The next day, Kuroko woke up by the alarm on his clock. He still feels fatigue on his body. Last night, his head keeps pounding and didn't subside at all. He couldn't sleep all night. It only at 3 a.m when he could let himself sleeps.

Kuroko changes his lying position into sitting position when suddenly his head throbbing again. He closes his left eyes, try to ignore the pain in his head but the pain didn't subside. Slowly, he tries to get up from his bed only to fall back. His breathing becomes hard and he let his eyes close for awhile.

The next time he opened his eyes, the pain in his head already gone. He looks at the windows only to be shocked when he saw a ray of sunlight from outside the curtain which still closes. He grabs his clock and looks at the time.

'Shoot! It's already 2 p.m. I have training today' thought Kuroko as he runs toward his bathroom hurriedly. He prepared himself and hurriedly going to school's stadium. His teammates have already started their training. He slowly walking in and let his presence not being sense by anyone.

When everyone being called by Riko, to lined up for a briefing after practice, he also lined up next to Kagami but its looks like no one noticed his presence.

"That's all for today practice. Kagami-kun, do you know why Kuroko didn't come for today's practice?" asked Riko, looking straight toward Kagami. The others followed Riko's attention.

"I think it because he goes checking for a doctor. He said to me he want to do it today" said Kagami, explaining what he know.

"Unno, I am here guys," said Kuroko, raising his hand.

"huarggghhh!!" all of them screamed.

"Since when you're here?" asked Kagami, try to calm down his breathing.

"Since the beginning" lied Kuroko.

Kagami watches Kuroko with a suspicious look. "You lied, you are not here before. Where have you been?" asked Kagami again.

"sigh.. it seems like I can't lie about this. I am sorry for my late coming for today practice. I woke up late"said Kuroko, try, to be honest with the team.

"What?! I will be half dead if I woke up late" said Hyuga looking at Riko, with a scared look. Riko will always make sure Hyuga wake up early, or not she will keep calling him like there will be no tomorrow and for sure there will be a penalty for it.

"Oh hoo.. you're late just because of that?" asked Riko with a dark smile.

Kuroko just nodding his head like nothing happens. The others already sweatdropped. Already scared looking at Riko's dark smile. 'Kuroko is going to be dead' thought all of them in their head.

"you can't escape just like that, you know right?" said Riko again.

And again Kuroko nodding his head.

"Go to the swimming pool and do exercise there now. That is your penalty. Kagami! Watch Kuroko, don't let him run away. " stern Riko as she stared at them with a demonic stare.

"er.. a-alright" stuttered Kagami. Kuroko expression change instantaneously also scared with Riko changes. Both of them walk toward the swimming pool hurriedly.

<><><><><><><>><><><>><><>>>>>><<><><><><><>

Kuroko is currently doing his squat in the water as his punishment of his late coming to practice. Kagami just watches from the chair beside the swimming pool. Then he starts to talk with Kuroko, just to kill time.

"It's not usual for you to be late. Is there anything happen?" asked Kagami, worried a little with Kuroko. The blunette only peeking at Kagami for a while and focusing back on his training.

"Nothing. Maybe I just a little tired yesterday" said Kuroko, still doing his squat.

"When are you going to see a doctor? You said you want to do a check up today," asked Kagami again

"I don't have enough time. Maybe I will just eat some painkiller. Anyways, the nauseous gone already. "said Kuroko, try to catch his breath. It's only 20 squats that he had done but he already starts to lose his breathing.

"You can't just act like it never happens. I want you to be check, "said Kagami, a bit stubborn.

"I..haaa..Don't ..Have..haaa..time" said Kuroko, catching his breath. His movement already slows down because he can't do it anymore. Squatting in water are more tired and need energy more than doing squat on the ground.

"err.. are you alright?" said Kagami, sweatdropped looking at Kuroko.

"...Fine.." said Kuroko before his body floating in the water. He passed out from the fatigue.

"Kuroko!!" shouted Kagami as he tries to get Kuroko out from the swimming pool.

After he saves Kuroko from drawing, he observes Kuroko. He blunette already fall asleep cause of the fatigue doing squat.

"sigh. Just how weak are you, you're not done doing even 25 times squat, "said Kagami with a disappointed face.

He picking the blunette and brought the bluenette back home.

TBC