Chapter 2- The Bloody Snow

General (Special) POV:

"Hailey has forgotten of us," Merrick faced Hesh, Logan, and Kick bravely.

The air was freezing where Hailey stood now. It made Hailey's neck hair stand up straight. Adding the unhelpful fact that the visibility of the white world around her was zero to none. That didn't stop her from finishing what she'd started.

"She's always going to be fighting for what she wants and believes in," Merrick explained shortly.

"Come on pretty, that's all you got?" one of thieves smooched to her.

"I didn't know this was a competition," Hailey spoke darkly.

"And don't worry," Merrick looked to the three men, "she will come back."

The hood of Hailey's puffy tan jacket covered her neck, keeping her warm even in the thick snow. Her legs were covered with black skinny jeans and brown laced boots. With green eyes outlined in black liner, Hailey let her brunette curls rest on either side of her neck.

"But why?" Hesh asked. "She has no reason to return to us."

"Where are your weapons?" another man of the gang shouted over the occasional snowy winds.

Hailey narrowed her eyes, "I have my own secret weapons."

At that time, Hailey charged the gang of the fort. They tried to fight, but failed as Hailey knocked them back with a mix of powers. She picked up a sword, blocked a gang member from stabbing her, and then kicked back a second man from behind.

Hailey stabbed the gang member with an easy smirk, killing two members in total.

"Why?" Merrick tilted his head to his three soldiers.

"Yeah," Kick narrowed his icy blue eyes.

Hailey fought off four more men, one charging her head on. She grabbed him, flipped his body over her head and snapped his neck. The next two charged at either side. Hailey grabbed a second sword, jumped up in the air and then came down to stab the two gang members. The last, fourth, one came from behind. With ease, Hailey flipped over him in mid-air and pulled her pistol, shooting once to kill the gang member.

Brushing off her jacket neatly once she landed, Hailey's smirk stayed on her face. She watched as the main gates of the gang's fort were opened. A deep growl made Hailey smirk even more, her grip tightening on the single sword and pistol she held now.

"Because Hailey knows where home is," Merrick concluded. "She always has and she always will."

Hailey narrowed her eyes playfully to the giant man stomping out of the fort. Archers shot arrows at her at the same time, allowing her to use a force field and protect herself by shooting them each in the head with the pistol.

"You!" the man yelled into the air, creating an echo on the snowy mountain. "I'm coming for you!"

Hailey twirled her bloody sword around casually, crouching down to prepare herself. Without thinking too hard, she enchanted the sword with flame and force.

"Her home was with Keegan," Logan hissed.

With the first step taken by the large, immortal man Hailey's eyes turned to a deep red. She faced the challenge with bravery and without fear.

When the monster charged her, Hailey dodged left and then sliced her blade through his leg. His cry of agony made Hailey smirk. The charge and dodge went on for seconds.