Chapter 12- Nothing But a Failure (Unedited)

Alec's POV:

I clutched Hailey's throat in my hands, yanking her up off of Hesh's bed. She let out a startled yelp and winced as I slammed her up against the wall. Riley whimpered from his bed and backed up against the wall.

"Sleeping with your enemies now?" I growled.

"Alec!" Hesh sat up, wide-eyed.

"What are you doing here?" I hissed towards Hailey.

"Let me go!" Hailey choked out, her eyes narrowed fiercely.

"Ivan-Allene sent her!" Hesh blurted and I turned to face him.

"What?"

"She was sent to kill Riley, but couldn't," Logan spoke from the doorway, his eyes flickering across Hailey as he read her mind with ease.

"And she slept with you?" I demanded, glaring at Hesh.

"Not in that way," Hesh growled. "But yes, she wouldn't let me leave."

"You little slut," I faced Hailey and she struggled against me.

"Let her go, Alec," Logan growled.

"Stay out of this, Logan," I didn't glance back. "This is between my sister and I."

Without another word to spare, I was suddenly hit hard in the lower gut with Hailey's knee. Her powers kicked in and launched me across the room, denting the wall. I let out a pained groan.

"Nothing is between us!" Hailey yelled, feeling her throat.

Her gaze was cast between Hesh and Logan. Logan stared her down and I noticed her eyes flicker with red from her powers. Hailey was dangerous. Hesh and Logan needed to get out of here.

"If you knew what was good for you, you would've let left already," Logan hissed and Hailey clenched his fists.

"Logan, no," I reached out, standing up painfully as Logan charged Hailey.

Hailey took the charge, allowing herself to fall through the window. Logan followed her, clinging to Hailey's dark blue long sleeve as he did so. I stumbled to the window and widened my eyes. Neither of them had shape-shifting as I did.

"Hesh, run," I growled and jumped out the window.

Before the two could hit the ground, I changed into a hawk and dragged Logan up by his shirt collar. My wings shook with the effort to slow the tumbling.

Logan hit the ground with a thud and I released his shirt with my talons. Hailey had pushed away from Logan and stood barely out of breath a ways away. I formed backing, panting, while Logan stood up with a grunt.

"You're weak, Alec," Hailey sounded just like Allene.

"You're weaker," Logan defended me. "Only cowards shy away from the pain."

"I moved so I wasn't killed," Hailey argued.

"Once again, if you were strong your powers would've protected you," Logan hissed.

Hailey was without words and moved her gaze to where I stood, holding my lower abdominal area. "Not healing very well, are we Alec?"

I glared at her in silence, tightening my muscles to try and trigger the healing process even more so. Logan glanced back to me worriedly.

"I'll leave you to that," Hailey growled and backed away, readying herself to leave.

"Hailey!" Hesh had come out of the base. "If you leave, I'll tell them."