Chapter Three

(Lexa's POV)

​"Clarke?" Lexa gasped, barely audible.

A million emotions came crashing down on her, causing her head to spin. She quickly lowered her sword and began to step forward but stopped when she saw Clarke's icy glare. Her beautiful blue eyes, the same ones that used to remind Lexa of flowers and crystal clear lakes, now were nothing but empty, hollow chunks of ice.

​"Commander?" Luna quietly spoke from behind Lexa. "Is everything all right?"

Lexa mentally shook herself and forced her mask to fall back over her face.
​"Luna, this is Clarke. Klark Grifin kom Skaikru."

A look of surprise, shock, and then embarrassment fell over Luna's face.
​"I...I am so sorry."

She swiftly rushed over to free Clarke from the restraints that bound her hands. "Why didn't you say anything?" An uneasy tension settled over the three of them.

Ignoring Luna's question, Clarke looked over at Lexa, "What are you doing here...Commander?" She spit the last word from her mouth like it was poison.

Luna glanced over and gave Lexa a startled look, shocked that anyone would dare speak to the Commander in such a tone; but Lexa ignored her and spoke directly to Clarke.

​"I have come to let all the clans know of our... of your triumph with Mount Weather." She tried to look into Clarke's eyes but failed.

Clarke gave a disgusted laugh, one that drove an invisible spike through the middle of Lexa's heart. Lexa turned to Luna who was still standing there, clearly not knowing what to make of the situation.

"Would you mind giving us a moment to ourselves?"

Luna nodded and turned to go.

"I don't need any guards either."

Lexa gave a harsh look to the two men that were still standing there and they quickly left.

"Clarke..." Lexa began. "You need to understand...what I did... I never meant to cause you harm.. my people..." She stopped speaking as she realized she didn't even know where to start.

​"Don't talk to me. Don't look at me. Turn around and leave, something we all know you are excellent at doing." She paused. "I need to go now. Don't you dare try to follow or stop me."

Although she couldn't meet her eyes, Lexa studied Clarke as she spoke. Even though the paint was covering her face and her hair had been done up, Lexa could tell that Clarke hadn't bathed in weeks... in months. The dress she wore hung loosely on her pale, gaunt frame, and her cheek bones poked out of her skin in a grotesque manner. She had no muscle, in fact, Lexa was scared that Clarke would topple over the next time a breeze blew. This was not the Clarke that Lexa knew. This was some dead zombiefied version of her, and she needed help. Each word that left Clarke's mouth was like a little dagger, stabbing just deep enough to cause pain, but not deep enough to kill. Lexa chose to ignore this as she interrupted Clarke.

​"You need to come back with me." Clarke began to speak but Lexa just spoke louder. "You can choose to do this the easy way or the hard way, it doesn't matter, but you are coming with me. You need help Clarke. You cannot continue to live like this any longer."

​"I...I can't be rescued Lexa. Please just except that and move on." The malice was gone from Clarke's voice, instead it just sounded weak and tired.

​"This isn't up for discussion." Lexa hated to sound so harsh, but she had no other option.

Softening her tone she continued, "Clarke. I don't think you realize how much has changed since you left. Bellamy, Raven, Octavia, your mom..." She hesitated. "Things... well things... never mind, you don't need to know all that now. I just think that if you really care about your people you should consider going back." She knew she had hit home when Clarke's worried face grew enraged.

​"Care about my people? Care about MY people? How dare you! You have NO right to even mention..."

​"Clarke please." Lexa whispered and Clarke grew quiet. "Just consider it. If you decide to come back be ready to go in the morning. We leave at dawn."

And as much as it pained her, Lexa turned and walked away. She knew Clarke would come, she had no other choice after the little information Lexa had given her, but as she turned to leave she couldn't help but remember the last time she had done this. The last time she had turned her back on Clarke. She let a stray tear wander down her cheek as she made her way back over to Luna.

Sorry for the short chapter...the next one will be longer. Thanks for reading!